Before- One

I jumped awake in fear that I overslept. I quickly grabbed my phone and was relieved to see that it was only 7:00.

I picked out my outfit and then went downstairs hoping not to see my dad.

"going to school like that?" my dad questioned. I don't really know what he meant by that, and I didn't want to spend too much time thinking about it.

"yep" I replied. I drove to school hating myself more and more knowing that when I get there I'll have to see her.

I don't really have any friends, I don't really like talking to people and making friends for the most part.

But I did have one...friend.

I sat in science class waiting for the lesson to start with my headphones in.

"Class today we have a new student joining us, this is Regan"

I looked up to see a short girl with dark hair and eyes.  Everyone was looking at her but she was looking at Toni. I rolled my eyes.

I pulled out my phone when I realized and pretended like I was doing something ( i wasn't).

I zoned out for a while just thinking about what could thee Toni be thinking.

I know I shouldn't care about everything but I can't help it.

"Regan you can grab a seat beside Toni" I looked up and I saw Martha leaving the classroom.

I took a chance and looked at Toni for a split second, only hurt to see that she was laughing with Regan.

Whatever I don't care, Toni means nothing.  I hate her

"Mr. Wheely, can I go to the washroom?" I said as I raised my hand. "Yes, just hurry up before we start the pig dissection" Mr. Wheely replied.

I walked quickly to the washroom trying to look as calm as possible.

Why the fuck do I care. I mean after everything she deserves nothing. 

I looked in the mirror and tried to fix my hair and straighten up my clothes. I don't know why I'm even trying or what I'm trying for.

I walked back into class. Stupidly I looked at Toni, it was becoming like a reflex at this point, but I was surprised to see that she was already looking at me.

Just pretend like she's not here, that's a good idea, right?

Class finally finished and the rest of the day flew by like nothing.

After school, the girls' ball team is playing but I wasn't planning on going.

I not in the mood to see Toni and Regan make sex eyes at each other.

I had to stay after school for volleyball practise anyways so I couldn't even go.

before the final bell rang I headed to the girls' locker room to get changed.

I always leave class early so I can get changed before the other girls come. Apparently, I make them uncomfortable since I'm a god-forsaken lesbian.

I don't think they can get through their heads that I don't want every girl I come into contact with.

I push the door open to see the one and only Toni changing.

Toni turned around and smirked "it's nothing you haven't seen before"

I rolled my eyes and went to the other side of the locker room.

"We don't have to be strangers you know," Toni said while walking towards me.

"Yes we do," I said looking at my feet.

"Drop the act Melody, I see right through you and I know what you really want," Toni said confidently

"And what do I want according to you" I replied

"Me" Toni stated

I laughed at that response. I don't know if she was right or wrong. Toni was getting dangerously close to my face but it didn't look like she was gonna kiss me.

I didn't know what to do, so I pushed her. "Fuck off Toni" I shouted

"is that all you got" Toni challenged

"you and I both know the answer to that," I said looking right into her eyes.

I grabbed my stuff and went to the washroom to change.

Practice went by fast. It was boring as usual, and the girls were bitchy as usual.

I quickly got into my car and started to drive home.
On my way home I see Toni walking at the side of the road. 

All of a sudden Toni walks into the middle of the rode and I slam on my brakes.

"what the fuck Toni I could have hit you" I yelled

"you wouldn't," she said certainly

"listen Melody stay the fuck away from me and Regan" Toni shouted

"You're the one who spoke to me today" I replied calmly.

"Whatever just leave us alone," She said while walking away.

I drove off as fast as I could. She is actually crazy. I literally told her today I wanted nothing to do with her, and now I have to leave her alone, makes sense.

Fuck her, fuck Regan and fuck this town.

I opened the front door and see my dad sitting at the kitchen table.

"You are going to Hawaii"