Edibles- Twelve

"Where were u guys," Leah asked raising her eyebrows. "We got lost," I replied. "Funny" Rachel replied.

"What's up with you guys" Toni spoke up. Everyone was acting really weird.

"Are you guys low-key fucking" Fatin questioned us. I looked at Fatin in confusion. I don't really know what's going on between Toni and me and I don't want to give off the wrong impression.

"Of course not" I laughed. Toni clenched her jaw. I went to go sit with the others.

"You know you really just hurt her right" Martha whispered to me. "She'll get over it" I replied.

I guess I can see how she would be mad because she always thought I was ashamed to be with her. Is it so wrong to want this to be low-key?

I still don't know where I stand with Toni, not to mention Shelby.

I let out a deep breath. I shared a glance with Toni. I really wanted to know what she was thinking.

"We're about to run out of food," Dot said in frustration.

"I bet there is some fruit somewhere on the island" Nora replied.

"Every time we've gone out looking for something we come back with nothing so what's the point" Martha announced.

"Hey," Shelby said approaching Martha to
comfort her "we just found water we can't just give up" Shelby added.

I nodded in agreement. I don't really feel like going out searching for shit when the last time a snake bit me.

"Why don't we go in groups and meet back here before dark?" Rachel proposed.

"I think I'm gonna stay considering last time" I announced.

"So Nora, Leah, Toni and I," Dot said "And Rachel, Fatin, Martha, and Shelby" Dot continued.

"I think I'm gonna stay to keep Melody company," Shelby said approaching me. Rachel rolled her eyes.

"I'm staying too, you know just in case... the fire goes out or something," Toni said.

Fatin smiled in amusement. I looked at Toni in confusion. "This is just fantastic" Leah complained.

"Let's just go," Dot said. We watched them separately. I felt very awkward considering no one was talking.

Eventually, Shelby started talking to me about the time she almost died because she ate seafood. Toni just sat there observing us.

"Guys remember the candy that was in the bag that we found" Toni announced " It's not actually candy" Toni continued.

Toni tossed the package to me. Holy shit they were edibles. This is better than finding water.

I opened the package and took one in my hand. "Guys I don't know if this is a good idea," Shelby said nervously. 

Toni rolled her eyes "Oh my fucking God" Toni said under her breath.

I handed the pack to Toni. Toni and used to get high all the time in random parking lots, it was really a key part of our relationship.

Shelby glanced between the two of us and grabbed the pack from Toni. Shelby took two.

"You guys watch out, we have a rebel on our hands" Toni and I laughed.

Toni and I only took one. "How come I'm not feeling anything," Shelby asked. "It takes a while" I replied.

An hour had past and Toni and I was laughing our asses off. Shelby started to get paranoid which was even funnier for me.

Eventually, Shelby calmed down. "What if we were out here," Toni said gazing up at the sky. I burst out laughing. "It actually makes sense though" Shelby added.

These bitches are losing their minds. "Ya ok guys," I said sarcastically. "What about the bag," Shelby said.
"You out of all people believe in miracles" I replied.

"What would even be the point" I continued. "I don't know" Toni replied.

Shelby knocked out after that topic, poor girl. "So it's just you and me now," I said to Toni. Toni didn't say anything. She couldn't possibly be upset.

"Melody I'm only here cuz I didn't want you alone with that" Toni said pointing to Shelby. "What's it to
you" I replied.

"How do you not get it" Toni sighed. "Get what?" I questioned. "I know I've hurt you in the past but-" I didn't let Toni finish.

"Can we have this conversation later you're ruining my high" I said. I don't feel bad for being cold her denying that we have something going on, If anything I enjoyed it.

"When are you gonna get over it Mel," Toni asked. "I'm not having this conversation right now" I replied.

I closed my eyes and laid down on the sand. I started to make a sand angel. "You look dumb as fuck right now" Toni laughed "If only I had my phone" She continued.

I sat up and felt a pair of lips on mine. I kissed her back placing my hand on her cheek. "You're torturing me, Mel," Toni said pulling away looking into my eyes.

"I know," I smiled.