Unsinkable Nine -Sixteen

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked Shelby. We were sitting on the beach just gazing into the infinite ocean. "Do you even wanna go back?" Shelby replied.

"In all honesty, I've come to terms with this situation, plus there's nothing really for me to go back to" I explained.

"Same," Shelby replied softly. "Thought you had this picture-perfect life," I replied.

Shelby laughed at my response. "Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked genuinely. "I rather not, but thanks," Shelby said half smiling at me.

"What are you gonna do about Toni?" Shelby questioned me. "What do you mean," I said trying to play dumb.

"Just drop the act, Melody at this point we all know," Shelby said turning to look at me.

"I don't know, I'm pretty sure she wants nothing to do with me" I replied.

"She loves you, you know," Shelby started "just allow her to love you," Shelby said. Shelby was the last person I would have thought would be giving me advice on Toni, but here we are. 

"The last thing I said to someone important to me before they died is the thing I regret most," Shelby's eyes started to fill with water.

"Don't let that be you," Shelby said shaking her head slowly. Shelby is clearly going through it and I feel terrible.

"Thank you," I said placing my hand on hers "I don't know what exactly happened but don't punish yourself forever," I said softly.

A tear fell down Shelby's face, I wiped her tear away with my hand. "You should go do something," Shelby said nodding her head to Toni.

I nodded my head in acknowledgement and got up. I walked over to Toni and Martha. "I don't think Toni wants to talk to you," Martha said. " I didn't know that Toni had spokeswomen," I said sarcastically.

"I didn't know Toni dated a bitch" Martha snapped back. "It's okay," Toni said to Martha. "Can we get some privacy please?" I asked Martha.

Martha smiled at me sarcastically and got up. "Sorry, she's just protective," Toni explained.

"It's okay" I replied. "Let me go first," Toni said before I could say anything else.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have gotten mad the way I did, I didn't really think about how after our break up affected you, I was only thinking about myself," Toni said looking at the ground.

"I don't want to fight with you anymore," I let out a deep breath.

"I don't wanna fight with you either, and I'm sorry for what I said about your mom, I didn't actually mean it," Toni replied.

"It doesn't matter if you meant it or not, you were right," I said letting out a small chuckle.

"Sometimes I think how disgusted she would be looking at me," I said fighting back tears.

Toni pulled me in and wrapped her arms around me. "You're a good person, Mel and I feel so bad that I've made you feel less than that" Toni kissed me on my forehead.

"If I could go back and do it all over I would I swear to God," Toni said passionately.

"I know" I replied my voice sounding shaky. At this point, hot tears were streaming down my face.

Toni wiped my tears away and cupped my face with her hands.

"No one has ever made me feel things the way that you do, not Regan not any of those other girls, no one," Toni explained.

"I'm sorry for leading you on kinda, I was just so mad at you for doing the things you did, and I wanted you to hurt like I hurt" I rambled.

"It's fine I deserved it, every single minute of it" Toni smiled.

"Fresh start?" I proposed.

"Fresh start," Toni confirmed.

"So you and Fatin hun"Toni joked. "Shut up, who could realistically resist Fatin, the Aphrodite of our time," I said playfully punching Toni.

"I don't blame you" Toni laughed. "You did up until a moment ago," I said raising my eyebrows.

"I'm already sick of you" Toni held back her smile biting her lips.

my eyes flickered between her lips and her eyes. I held her face with one hand, closed my eyes and kissed her.

Toni kissed back immediately. Her lips were so soft and smooth considering there was no lip balm around.

Toni pulled away first and gave me a peck. I'm tempted to say I love you but I don't want to move so fast this time.

"You think Martha will still hate me?" I asked Toni. "Uhhhhh she didn't hate Regan so I don't know," Toni said rubbing her hands on her thighs.

"Regan" I scoffed. "Don't be jealous, Mel" Toni said dismissing me.

"Fine whatever, let's join the others," I said getting up. "What if I want you all to myself?" Toni smiled. I rolled my eyes "come one."

At least now I have one less person that hates me or one and a half, pretty sure that Martha has an underdeveloped personality.

Toni held my hand walking back to the group. "So what is this an official thing now?" Fatin asked.

We took our seats in the circle. "Yes and no" Toni replied. We aren't official but not anything so I guess.

"You guys are both in love or whatever just get together and stop being so extra," Dot said.

"Can you guys get off my dick I have it all planned out " Toni explained smiling? "Oh do you?" I said raising my eyebrows. Toni shrugged her shoulders at me.

I looked at Shelby and she looked genuinely happy for me. If we ever get off this fucking Island Shelby will be the first person I hit up. I'll be flying to Texas every weekend.

"Are there any more edibles?" Leah asked the group.

"Oh my God I miss getting fried every day at lunch," Toni said to the group.

"I miss the hell out of parties in the valley," Fatin said throwing her hands up "This island might make me turn my life over to Jesus or something" Fatin continued.

"Why don't we have a party?" I proposed to the group. "Fuck it we have the alcohol, the drugs" I went on.

"We have no music if you didn't realize," Leah said looking around. "We can figure that out, come to one Leah don't be a stick in the mud" I replied.

"Fuck it let's do it" Rachel agreed with me. "Whatever happened to your phone" Rachel asked me. Holy shit I forgot about that.

I'm surprised everyone else did too, maybe subconsciously everyone else here wasn't in a rush to get home.

"I have a speaker in my suitcase, I brought it so I can soothe myself to sleep with whale noises" Fatin chimed in.

"Really?" Dot said to Fatin in disbelief "actually why am I surprised".

"Fatin did you ever check if your phone was in your suitcase?" Nora asked Fatin.

"Ya, and it wasn't there" Fatin replied. "Maybe you should check again, you know just in case," Nora said. Fatin  gave Nora a weird look

Fatin searched through her suitcase to find her phone in a zipper at the bottom. "How the fuck is this in there, it wasn't there before," Fatin said looking confused.

Leah's eyes started darting back and forth between Nora and Fatin.

"Is there any service?" I asked Fatin. "Of course there's no service" Fatin replied.

"How convenient," Leah said suspiciously. "At least we have music now" Toni chimed in.

"So it's settled the unsinkable nine is having the party of the year and everyone's invited" Fatin yelled.

isn't this going to be fun?