I love you- Seven

6 months ago

"I'm staying at Martha's tonight" I announced to my parents. "Alright sweetie," my mom said thinking nothing of it.

"Just you and Marty right" My dad questioned me. "Just me and Martha" I confirmed.

My dad didn't want me hanging out with Toni anymore because of what he walked in on last time. He technically didn't see anything so he doesn't know anything for sure but I think he put the pieces together.

"Well, I gotta go," I said grabbing my backpack and walking out the door.

I over to the diner that Toni worked at. I walked through the door excited to see my girlfriend.

"Can I get a vanilla milkshake?" I asked Toni. "What's a girl like you doing here by yourself" Toni teased me.

"Unfortunately waiting for my awful girlfriend to finish her shift" I replied. "Well I don't see her anywhere I guess you're just gonna have to come with me" Toni continues.

"Is that right" I questioned her with a smile. "I'm afraid so," Toni said smiling leaning in for a kiss.

I leaned over the counter and gave her a peck, "I'll be waiting in the car" I said smiling.

I waiting in the car for like thirty minutes till I heard the car door open.

"Hey," I said kissing her. When I pulled away I noticed her face was emotionless.

"What's wrong," I asked her. Toni started rubbing her neck nervously "uhhhh my mom just got out of rehab today" Toni replied.

I leaned my head back onto the seat. Her mom getting out is never good for anyone.

"This time I'm not allowed to see her" Toni added. I pulled Toni in for a hug.

Toni did love her mom no matter how much she tried not to. I know not being able to see her is probably killing her right now.

"Hey it's okay," I said trying to soothe her. I wiped her tears away with my thumbs.

Her face was really pale and her eyes were red and puffy.

"Where do you wanna go," I asked her. "Away from here" Toni replied.

I could tell that she needed to get away from everything.

I pulled out of the parking lot and started driving, I didn't know where I was even planning to go.

Toni took my right hand and put it in hers.

I saw a motel and pulled into the parking lot. "Why don't we spend the night here" I proposed.

"I don't know Mel it looks kinda sketch" Toni replied.  "Come on," I said getting out of the car.

Toni got out of the car hesitantly. Toni held my hand and squeezed it. we walked to the front desk

"Can we get a room please?" Did I ask?  The lady at the front desk handed me the key and then smiled.

Toni and I ran down the hallways looking for our room. Toni eventually eased up.

I opened our room door. It was a pretty good room for a run-down motel.

Toni threw us onto the bed and started laughing. "What if we ran away," said Toni.

I sat up on the bed and looked at her raising my eyebrows. "You know get away from everyone we know and start fresh" Toni added.

I don't know if she was being serious or not so I started laughing dismissing it. 

"You know I can't do that, I have my family" I reminded her. "Must be nice" Toni mumbled.

"Don't do that" I said grabbing her hand.  "You've got chosen family and sometimes that's better than blood," I said.

"Mel that was very cringing" Toni laughed. "Well it's true you know" I continued.

We put on a movie and cuddled under to covers. Toni wrapped her arms around, pulled me closer, and kissed my forehead.

"I love you" Toni whispered in my ear. My heart stopped.

"I love you too" I whispered back. I smiled at the thought of our relationship. 

Toni and I jumped up hearing a bang on our door. "Hey, ladies do you have room for two," A deep voice said.

"Just let them leave, they can't do anything the door is locked," I said to Toni.

"I saw that bitch with a sweet ass walk in here" another deep voice added. 

"Toni leaves it alone" I reminded Toni. Her breathing started getting faster and her face was beginning to get red.

The person behind the door started banging on the door like crazy. "Come on ladies I know you want some of this dick," the first voice said.

"Fuck off" Toni yelled. I saw her fists clench. "Toni" I warned her.

"I have to get a taste of one of your juicy tits," The second voice said.

Toni got up and grabbed me. "Toni I swear to god if you open that door" I threatened. She didn't say anything back.

Toni pushed me into a closet and locked me in. I fell back into the closet hitting my head.  I heard the door open.

why.

"Get the fuck away from us"  I heard Toni say. "What happened to your little friend," The second voice said.  "She had the nicest tit-" before he could finish I heard movement.

"Let me out" I yelled. I started banging against the closet door. I was also claustrophobic and she knew that. It felt like the walls were closing in on me.

"Toni stop" I yelled, I kept banging on the door. I heard ou she's being thrown but I didn't know what exactly was going on.

"Toni" I screamed.

I heard people running down the hallway laughing. "I swear if I ever see you again" I hear Toni scream.

I heard the door shut and lock. The closet door opened. 

"Why couldn't you let them go," I asked.  "Why couldn't you just listen to me when I said this place was sketchy" Toni yelled.

"So this is all my fault and you did nothing wrong" I questioned Toni. She remained silent.

I touched the back of my head and felt liquid, I looked at my hand and saw blood. "Did I do that" Toni asked "No shit" I said in a monotone voice.

"You locked me in a closet and you know I'm claustrophobic" I yelled. Tears started to form.

"I know but-" I just her off "But what," I asked. Toni couldn't even look at me.

"Toni I can't do this" I stated.  I sat down on the bed.
"What do you mean," Toni asked. "You know what I mean," I said putting my head in my hands.

"We can figure this out" Toni pleaded. "No we really can't" I replied. I walked out of the room and went to my car. 

"You said you loved me," Toni said chasing after me. "I do but I just can't handle this," I said unable to make eye contact with her.

I got in my car. I was pulling out of the parking spot when Toni smashed my window and broke off my mirror.