Psychotic- Fourteen

I stayed up all night feeling nauseous. I wrapped my sweater around me tightly. My sweater made me feel at ease.

Nora woke up pretty early and went somewhere on her own, I didn't question her. Nora had a wise vibe to her and was kind of nurturing in a way.

I didn't understand why her own sister was so harsh to her all the time, but then again Rachel is crazy.

Nora came back from wherever she was. "Are you okay, Melody?" Nora said approaching me.

"Peachy" I replied. "I know you're really worried I mean we all are," Nora said trying to comfort me.

"You guys really aren't though" I replied. It feels so great that the majority of the people on this island kind of hate me right now.

"I'm sorry for Rachel," Nora said looking down at the sand. "You don't have to apologize for her and the funny part is she wasn't completely wrong," I said calmly.

Nora smiled at me in pity. "Why'd you wake up so early?" I asked Nora.

"Just so much to do in little time," Nora answered. I don't know what she meant by that. We have all the time in the world on this fucking island.

"What do you mean by that" I questioned her. "You know, like keeping track of resources and stuff like that" Nora explained.

I guess I would've known that if I contributed more. I tried to come up with an excuse other than my ankle but I'm left with nothing.

"She's okay, I'm certain of it," Nora smiled. "How can you be certain?" I asked her. "Just a gut feeling" Nora replied.

Shelby was the next person to get up. "Thank you God for waking me up the blessed morning" I heard Shelby whispered.

It must be nice in times like this to find comfort in religion.

"Morning, y'all," Shelby said to Nora and me. I returned a brief smile in acknowledgment.

"Melody, don't even worry God's plan will sure bring Toni back to us," Shelby said cheerfully.

"I bet it will," I said calmly.

Fatin was the last one to wake up, not surprising. "Tell me why we are looking for her again after she ran away, it's her own fault" Rachel announced.

I rolled my eyes. Can she not start this right now it's way too early.

"We would do it for you" Martha replied. "I wouldn't" I added.

Rachel smiled at me and said sarcastically"How nice of you."

I stuck up my middle finger and smiled "No problem anytime bestie".

"Not this again" Dot groaned.

"Someone wakes Fatin up," Leah said. Dot woke Fatin up and got five minutes of cursing in return.

I looked at them amused, it's like watching an old married couple.

"Let's go" I announced to the group. "I think you're the last person who should be giving orders right now," Martha said coldly.

"We both want to find her, can you just cooperate," I said calmly.

"Why so you can make her relive the day she regrets most over and over again" Martha snapped.

"Give it a rest" I scoffed.

I've never seen Martha like this before. Seeing Martha change like this had made me reevaluate my time on this island.

While I've been so caught up with Toni, I failed to realize that other people hard going through tough shit here.

"Come on let's start moving" Dot announced to everyone. Everyone got up and started following Dot.