Just Me and You and Martha- Eighteen

"Ugh," I groaned. It was so bright for no reason. Toni was sleeping like a starfish, Fatin was sleeping on top of Leah.

Nora, Martha and Shelby were sleeping really close to the water, Rachel and Dot were tangled up in each other.

My head was pounding and I smelt horrible. I paid my head back on the sand regretting every sip of alcohol I took last night.

"Why is "Just got married to Faint" on her back" Rachel laughed. "bitches couldn't even spell it right" Dot laughed along with Rachel.

I sat up stretching my arms and cracking my neck. I felt so nauseous and disgusting. "What the fuck" I heard an easy voice say.

I looked down at Toni to see her slowly waking up. Toni started spitting onto the ground. "I have like a bucket worth of sand in my mouth" Toni yawned.

Toni leaned in to kiss me and I backed away "no no no no no your mouth is probably so disgusting right now." I said putting my hands up in defence.

"You're really breaking my heart this early in the morning" Toni yawned again. Toni hugged me from behind. I put my hands on her arms.

"I'm really happy to be stuck here with you." Toni kissed my neck between words.

"We could build a tiny little house away from everyone and just be me and you" Toni in a soothing voice.

"You know how to build a house?" I scoffed. "shhhhh don't ruin my plans." Toni said quickly.

"You know we're probably not gonna be here forever," I said.

"When we get back there are so many other people, people like Regan who you relatively just got out of a relationship," I explained.

"I wish we could just freeze time and stay in this moment forever." I continued.

"You don't wanna go back?" Toni asked. "There's nothing really left to go back to you know" I replied.

"I rather stay here away from the world, society, just me and you," I explained.

"And Martha," Toni added

"Yes, and Martha" I chuckled. "I've really started to like everyone, when we leave I'm gonna miss them," I said softly.

"Ya, me too, Shelby isn't as bad as I thought," Toni said back to me.

"What changed?" I asked her curiously.

"I had a conversation with her yesterday when you left with Leah and she totally shocks me" Toni explained.

"Okay," I said but wanting to pry. "You know lately I've thought about my mom," she said with a blank face.

"I wonder if she even notices I'm gone" Toni let out a soft laugh. "My dad is probably thrilled" I added.

"I miss her, the old her." Toni said softly "I miss her before all the drugs and men" a tear fell down her cheek.

"Seeing her OD when I was eight is an image that's never left my head" she explained. "We don't have to get into it if you don't want to, no one should have to witness that," I replied.

"Nah, Mel it's fine, I've never told anyone that" Toni turned towards me faking a smile. It's like I could see right through her.

I could see how much pain she's been holding in for a long. I wish there was something I could do to just take it all away.

"Ew this is so gross," she said shaking her head. "Let's not ever talk about feelings ever again," Toni said clearing her thoughts.

"You don't always have to back so big and bad all the time," I said holding her hand. "It's just easier that way," she explained.

I nodded my head in response. "Wanna go wash off at the waterfall, no offence but you smell like shit" Toni stood up.

"Shut the fuck up your breath smells like hot dog water" I snapped.

"Ouuuuuu nice burn," Toni said sarcastically. I stood up and followed behind Toni to the waterfall.

"Last time I was walking on this path I was met with my ex-girlfriend having a threesome, isn't that wild?" Toni said rhetorically.

I rolled my eyes "You just wish you were in on it" I laughed. Toni turned back to look at me and offered me her hand.

"Oh trust me I will be getting my revenge," she said in a mysterious voice. "I bet," I said playing along.

I took off my clothes and jumped into the water. My bra almost came off due to the impact of the water.

"You should of let it fall" I heard Toni yell while I was fixing myself.

"Just hurry up and come in" I yelled back. Toni ran and jumped into the water. I was caught slacking getting hypnotized by how hot she was moving her hair out of her face.

"Can I help you" Toni raised an eyebrow. "Nope all good over here" I replied. It was not okay over here.

"It's been forever since I've had a full stomach" Toni complained.

"I don't even think I remember what bacon tastes like," I said looking up into the sky.

"What the fuck Toni now you got me hungry" I sighed. "We're probably gonna die from starvation or something" Toni stated.

"Probably" I agreed. I feel like we're talking about our death way too casually.

"How long have we even been here?" I asked. Nora probably knows, she always seems to know everything.

"I think a week and a half, I don't know I'm just guessing" she responded.

"But look how beautiful this is," I said looking around. The island would be true perfection if I weren't stranded on it.

"Remember when you used to pick me up from the diner after school?" Toni brought up.

"Oh my god ya!" I said in excitement. "Just you and me getting high in random parking lots." I laughed at the comment.

"Would you actually have sex with Fatin and Shelby before we fixed everything?" Toni asked. This threesome thing has clearly not left her mind, I mean I don't blame her.

I didn't know what answer to give her. I know saying yes would make me upset, and I don't want this fresh start to already be ruined by lies.

"Yes," I said waiting for her to get heated. "Okay" Toni replied calmly. What the fuck. Who is the girl? Must be a different Toni.

"Just okay?" I asked curiously. "I'm done getting mad over things that don't matter" Toni explained "I'm not losing you again because of it" she continued.

I tried to hide a smile but it felt so good to hear that. "Don't get mushy on me" Toni said grinning. "Says you, you fucking simp," I replied.

I pulled Toni in for a kiss. Toni kissed me back slowly. I pulled away and gave her a peck. "Let's go in getting cold," I said running out the water.

I put on my clothes and heard "Don't leave me hanging." Toni shouted at me from the water. "Okay bye," I said having no patience for her.

"Wait I'm coming, I'm coming," Toni said rubbing out of the water. God, she ran so funnily.

Toni got dressed quickly. She threw her arm around me and we walked back to camp.