Chapter Thirty Five

Nylah wasted no time in beginning to fight Hela's army; the Draugr. They were the undead that were lifted from their graves by Hela, assumingly the day she arrived in Asgard. They carried what seemed to be stone swords, in which they used to slice and stab several Asgardians who were only trying to protect their families and their home. Nylah healed every person she saw with injuries with just the simple touch of her hand on their shoulder; something she was unsure if it would work, considering it usually required deep concentration to do so. Her powers were continuously evolving, and it seemed that her healing abilities were beginning to work faster.

Valkyrie flew the ship above them aimlessly, the Draugr helping themselves to it in attempt to kill the woman who was inside of it. While Valkyrie carefully parked the spaceship just by the Bifrost, Nylah had caught a glimpse of the dog and the Hulk fighting violently in the water, but she had to keep herself focused on fighting the Draugr and healing her people. She fought alongside someone she never thought she would – Heimdall, who had told her several times whenever he could that he knew her powers would evolve so drastically. Heimdall was proud of her, as in a way, the children of Odin were just as much as his children as they were Odin's. He guided them, perhaps more than Odin ever did.

So when Nylah found herself cornered by several members of Hela's army, leaving Heimdall to fight without back up, she was began to panic. She dodged several swings of swords, tackles, and punches, and she tried to use her powers as much as she could. She had seen outside the corner of her eye that Heimdall had fallen to the ground with a member of the Draugr standing above him with sword ready in his hand, and the mere threat of Heimdall's death was enough for her to believe in her powers a little bit more just to get them away from her. She angrily turned to one member of the army, pushing her hands out in front of her chest, the ball of a white glow forming in her hands before flying towards the Draugr, pushing it over the bridge. She proceeded to do the same to the other two that had her cornered, and before she had the chance to save Heimdall herself, she found a rock-man standing in front of Heimdall, a gun in his hand.

"Hey man and miss, I'm Korg. This is Meik." The rock-man pointed to the bug-like creature that stood beside him. "You wanna come on that ship over there with us?"

Her eyes wandered to the sky where Korg pointed up at and found an extremely large purple and blue ship coming toward the bridge. As the ship grew closer, she vaguely see the outline of a tall figure with a horn-helmet, in which this did not take long for the young woman to realise who exactly stood proudly at the entrance – Loki. The crowd of Asgardians held onto their families as they pushed themselves to the entrance of the ship, that was soon connected to the bridge, giving them access to safety.

The feeling of seeing her brother safe and alive was an indescribable feeling of relief, and if she were not in the middle of a battle with the Draugr, she would have raced to her brother the moment she saw him. Though she could not, because the dumb army that belonged to Hela were now drawn to the ship, where they did not want Asgardians to board. Nylah was forced to run away from her brother and toward danger, for the better of her people.

She fought beside Heimdall and some of the other creatures that arrived at Asgard with Loki. While they used their advanced weapons to blow the army up, Nylah was left to use nothing but her hands and her new found power to destroy them. She pushed her hands in front of her and narrowed her eyes at the three members of the Draugr who were angrily charging at her. Although, just as the ball of light began to form in her hands, all she saw was a flash of green light before the three soldiers fell limp to the ground.

"Did you miss me, sister?" Loki stood behind his sister with a smirk on his face, pleased that he had saved his sisters from the zombie soldiers – not that she needed saving in the first place.