Chapter Twenty-Eight

AUTHOR'S NOTE
Just a pre-warning that this chapter is so bad because I managed to write in like thirty minutes so I apologise for that, but the next couple of chapters will be better considering that there will be bigger events taking place. 

The two children of Odin did not waste another second in trying to figure out where their brother had disappeared to. They caught a taxi, which had only given Nylah flashbacks to the time where she had ran out of a taxi to get to the ferry in time. She tried to shake the sinking feeling she felt in her heart at the thought of Peter, because she had no other choice but to do so. She had to push that feeling down because no one would really understand what she was feeling – maybe Thor, sure, but she really wasn't going to bother to talk to him about a boy given his reaction to Peter's name.

She almost felt stupid for missing Peter as much as she did already. She had only seen him earlier this morning – yet it already felt like Peter had taken a large chunk of her heart with him when she left. She wondered what it will feel like in the next few days, months, years without Peter. She could already hear her father shaking his head disapprovingly, 'oh Nylah, you are just a child. Love is something you are yet to understand, my dear,'. If only her mother were here right now.

Once they reached the location of the address, Thor gave a generous amount of Midgardian money to the driver before exiting the vehicle. Nylah followed her brother's actions only to be left staring up at the semi-large building. It looked as if it had been abandoned for many years, and it looked rather old. It was not the prettiest building on this planet, but there was something about it that made it unique. Nonetheless, it still looked 'creepy', as Ned would say.

Nylah hesitantly looked over her shoulder at her brother; a questioning look forming on her face, her brows furrowed together slightly. Thor shrugged his shoulders lightly with a frown on his face. He had not seemed phased by the eeriness of the house, but Thor was like that with everything. Strange and old looking homes were nothing to be scared of to Thor, but maybe Nylah had just watched too many horror movies with Pepper.

Nylah sighed quietly to herself as she followed her brother up the staircase the led to the small porch in front of the front door. Just as her foot reached the top step, her brother knocked on the door firmly, twice. Usually, you would find yourself waiting at the door for at least a few seconds before someone would come to open the door and welcome you with a warm smile; but that was not experienced today. It was as if Nylah had simply blinked, and she found herself inside the home she was just outside of – and she could not help but feel dizzy. Perhaps this was a strange dream, and she was still sleeping peacefully in a bed in Stark Tower.

The room she was in was dark, but she felt safer knowing that Thor was with her. Her eyes struggled to adjust to the sudden change, and her eyes found themselves drawn to the other source of light in the room. A circular window, a few feet away from her, was almost entirely in view – if it were not for the strange figure floating in front of it. Nylah quickly tried to shake this strange hallucination out of her head, and the vigorous shaking had caught the attention of her older brother. She immediately felt herself behind pushing behind Thor.

"Thor Odinson – God of Thunder." A voice; one she hadn't heard before, but whoever it belonged to, it must have known her brother. "Nylah Odinsdottir – Goddess of Healing."

Nylah's eyes snapped up to the mysterious voice, and a tall man – who was still strangely floating in the air – was staring directly at her with his wide bright blue eyes. She wished she could say that his eyes were captivating, like Peter's gorgeous brown eyes, but she felt intimidated by this man. He seemed powerful compared to most Midgardians.

His large eyes tore themselves away from Nylah when Thor held his hammer in front of him. Unlike most, this man had not seemed phased about Thor's hammer – but, yet again, Nylah forgot to remember that her brother's hammer was currently disguised as an umbrella. Umbrella's aren't a scary weapon. Still, this man was weird – how could he have known their names? Maybe Thor's name, but how would he know who Nylah is? She was a nobody on Midgard.