Chapter Seven

"... and also Spider-Man. He is also invited."

Nylah's eyes widened in shock. "Sorry?"

"Forgiven?"

"No, I don't think I heard you correctly." Nylah giggled lightly, her eyes fighting the urge to shut themselves completely.

"Oh you so did. Peter and," Ned looked around to ensure that no one else was in hearing distance of them. "-Spider-Man are invited to Liz Allen's party."

Nylah's eyes wandered to Peter's. Instead of what Nylah expected, he actually genuinely looked pretty happy with himself. She wasn't sure why – he was going to have to lie to the girl who he seemed to be in love with. Nylah's eyes widened a little at her thoughts, the thought of Peter being in love with Liz making her heart feel as though it had been squeezed. She tried to shake the thoughts and the weird sensation away, though it didn't seem to work.

"I – she said, Liz said that you could totally come too. She wants to get to know you." Peter stammered after a long pause of silence. Nylah quickly nodded without thinking, having the desire to get rid of the strange sensation Peter managed to have on her Asgardian heart.

"When is the party?" She asked, looking down at her fingers nervously. "But, Peter, do you really think that you should go? Is it not going to be difficult with also bringing along your other identity?"

"I'll figure it out." Peter reassured her before he looked down at the writing on his hand. "It's tonight... at 7. We'll pick you up from your house."

"That won't be necessary." Suddenly, Nylah felt a lot more awake. She couldn't let Peter find out that she had a connection with Tony Stark, the man that recruited Peter to fight Steve Rogers and his crew. She knew that one way or another Peter would eventually find out about Nylah's mission, but today was not that day. "I'll just meet you at your apartment."

"Are you sure?" Peter asked, concern filling his brown eyes meanwhile his best friend stood beside him with an excited smile. "Aunt May won't have a problem with stopping by your house."

"I'm sure. It will be easier that way." Nylah replied. "I'll be there at 6. Unless you want me there at another time—"

"6 is fine." Ned interrupted, replying for his nervous best friend. "I can't wait. Flash is going to freak."

Nylah had no clue what he had meant by 'freak', but she thought it was best if she didn't question it aloud. Tony was already mad at her enough from last night's incident. She didn't want to anger anymore.

"Yeah... me too." Nylah responded tiredly, with the slight nod of her head. The bell rang loudly in their ears, indicating that the next class was about to start. "I'll see you both tonight."

"You agreed to go to a teenage party?" Happy exclaimed. He held back the urge to face-palm himself as Nylah wriggled in her seat with discomfort. She didn't particularly like it when people yelled, having that she had to deal with yelling a lot at home. Especially when both Thor and Loki were home. God, how she missed her older brother... "Are you listening to me? Nylah?"

Nylah's head shot up to look at him with wide eyes. It was her attempt in keeping them open. "...yes."

"Look, I just don't think it's safe for you to attend this party. You look exhausted, and when you're exhausted, you might say something that you didn't intend to say." Happy let out a sigh as he clicked buttons on his square device. "I'll get Tony's advice on this—"

"Let the girl go to a party." Tony's voice echoed out of the device, causing for Happy to jump slightly.

"Stark, I didn't realise you were already on call."