Chapter Thirty

Nylah was unsure of how much time had passed. She could only remember the faces of her brothers as Hela used her powers to push Nylah away, and that was before her vision was gone, before she was knocked unconscious. She almost felt at peace. Her anger and her sadness were gone. Every negative emotion that had been growing since the day she was born had vanished; and for the first time in a long time, she felt content. Safe. Peaceful.

Until her eyes snapped open, after many days of remaining unconscious.

The first sight she was met with was the silver ceiling above her. The air was cold; but not too cold, it was at just the right temperature for her warm body. She could hear the light blow if the air-vents and the soft noise of cheers that seemed to have been coming from outside of the room she was in. Her weak hands began glide over her body as she began to wake herself up a bit more; her soft hands feeling the soft material of her golden dress. But she did not remember wearing a golden dress when she fought with Hela. She was wearing Midgardian clothes – where was Loki? Where was Thor?

Her heart began to race as the fear of losing her brothers came into her mind. The adrenaline that formed because of it helped her regain her strength for just a short period of time – but it didn't matter, Nylah hadn't cared. She needed to figure out where her brothers are, and if Hela has been defeated.

Her body shot up as her hands clutched on the pearly white couch she had been laying on. Her eyes scanned the luxurious penthouse she was in, and it wasn't anything like the homes on Asgard, or even her home. Each wall of the penthouse with a different bright colour; all but one. While every other wall were bursts of red and yellows, a wall on her left had been nothing but a large window, a view of the world she was in.

Naturally, she forced her weak body off the couch and rushed to the window as fast as she could. The palms of her hands fell flat against the window as her eyes scanned the city she was in, only to be surprised and for her fear to grow. The city she was in was not Asgard, or even a city on Midgard. Rubbish and scrap metals were scattered along the footpaths up to a large junkyard-like area, and it seemed as though that the tall buildings around her were made up of recyclables. The people below, down on the streets, walked and jumped around, music blasting as loud as it could go while the city's people cheered on. What they were cheering on for was something Nylah was yet to work out.

She turned her body around to face the room she was in – alone. There seemed to be no sign of life. The room was as clean as it could get, like no one had ever step foot into the room, as if no one had ever lived there. However, someone had put her there, which meant that someone had been taking care of her. Thus, someone had to be here – or they were going to be back. Instead of hopelessly looking around the large penthouse, she had to look a little harder to find out where she was, and who put her here.

She rushed to the couches, where she looked under them, where she tore the cushions off and investigated them for any sort of sign. She moved to the bathroom, to the kitchen, to the dining room, study room, but nothing. Until she found an olive green door, leading to a bedroom. The bedroom was long and wide, with a large window that covered the entire wall like the one in the living room. But yet again, the bedroom looked like it hadn't been lived in.

Her heart thumped through her chest as she began to raid the bedroom, growing desperate for just one sign. She tore the blankets off the bed, and she managed to tip some of the furniture over. She opened the nightstands drawers, and still, found nothing. She proceeded to run to the plastic light green dresser, with not even a speck of dust left of the top. All she had to do was pull back one drawer; in which she did, but she didn't expect to see what she had seen.

It was in the first drawer. The drawer that Nylah thought nothing would be in, just empty, like the rest of the penthouse had been. But that was not the case. Folded and placed neatly, was an emerald green silky cape – but it wasn't just any emerald green and silky cape, it was her brothers. It was Loki's emerald green silky cape. And that was all it took. Just the sight of her brother's belongings, that was all it took, for her heart to sink and for the young Asgardian to fall to her knees, losing all hope.