Chapter 1: New Start

Today is the day me, my idiotic twin and mom are moving from Newark to California and as for me and my twin. We are starting in a new senior high school and Ma's got a new job working computers, it's been hard since dad died when we were 8 years old.

I woke up to being shaken by my annoying other half. "Y/n we're here." I groaned sitting up and couldn't help but to feel relieved that we're here. "Finally." I exclaimed being able to relax whilst stretching.

What I saw was mostly palm trees, which I didn't mind but mostly glad that it's summer as I am a sucker for warm weather. However me and Daniel are opposites about the weather as he prefers the winter, that he could practically live in the Antarctic.

"Come on all hands on the deck" Ma explained as we both helped to unpack everything out of the car. "We gotta get this thing unloaded, before it sinks." Mom joked with a look of relief being washed on her face as she smiled, making me feel really happy with all that she's accomplished getting us here.

"Look at those palm trees! Damn! Do you know what that means?" Ma shouts out joyfully as my twin was removing the bike cables attached on top of the car.

"Yeah, watch out for falling coconuts." We both replied to Ma simultaneously, glancing at each other with a small glare.

"Wiseguys, no more Newark winters." Ma comments through visible relief which I could relate too, apart from Daniel as he mentions he prefers winter.

"Oh you like sore throats? You like frozen toes?" Ma commented sarcastically making me snort amusedly, whilst my 'dear' twin gives me another playful glare, but I just winked at him with a cheeky smile that never leaves my face.

"I don't like smog" he replied unenthusiastically, making me roll my eyes at is attitude. Ma handed me a box whilst looking at the pair of us. "Did I tell the both of you about the pool here?" Trying to ease the tension and make it seem enthusiastic.

"About 100 times Ma." Daniel replied annoyingly which is something I couldn't argue about, as that's the main reason mom chose this place for all of us.

"Okay so make it 101." Ma explained smartly whilst laughing and carrying a box and turning back to us. "Open your eyes my darling children this is the Garden of Eden, come on. Listen we're in apartment 20 okay? One flight up!" She shouted back to us carrying a box to the wooden gate.

We both continued unpacking whilst often glancing at each other but nothing more. Even though we were twins we didn't exactly have the best relationship as brother and sister, as some days we are fine, then others we mostly argue.

As we both were walking towards the gate Daniel being the idiot he is, decided to karate kick the wooden gate knocking someone in the process.

"Well done Daniel, already causing trouble" I commented sarcastically as he gave me an annoyed glance whilst frantically apologising to the new guy. The new guy waved of Daniel telling him not to worry about it, even though Daniel was trying to be the 'nice' twin and help him out whilst holding his bike as well.

I stiffled a laugh over at how amusing this situation was. "I shouldn't have done that it was stupid." Daniel explained embarrassingly. "Yes it was." I smartly replied, my twin ignored me rude much.

"You guys must be the new people in number 20?" The new guy asked whilst rubbing his head frantically. "Yeah I guess so." Daniel explained dumbly.

"Freddy Fernandez apartment number 17." The new guy replied whilst shaking Daniels hand, to be honest there was something about him I didn't trust, the strange gut feeling didn't settle with me, but my twin didn't notice as usual.

"I'm Daniel LaRusso, and this is my younger twin sister Y/n." Daniel introduced but sounded amused whilst emphasising the 'younger' part about me.

"By 5 mins" I exclaimed agitated with raised eyebrows. I decided to leave Daniel with his new 'best friend' and take my stuff to the apartment. He spoke to Freddy about teaching him karate, I'd be lying if I said his karate is good, cause to be honest it's really not.

Ma took me karate and boxing when Daniel had finished late at school, so I could be able to defend myself, or in my case Daniel's ass. The other thing I wasn't surprised about was the the pool that is barely a puddle. I have a feeling mom's gonna tell us both not to mention it, which is something both me and my twin can agree on.

However I did see an old lady sitting on a chair reading a newspaper with a cute puppy sitting next to her.