18: Just shows how little we know about each other, right?

''Oh my God! Stop!'' I whisper-shouted, holding back another fit of giggles.

Sam and I were in Chemistry, once again partners just like we were in Math this morning. Sam was apparently pretty clueless in almost every subject. Except for Music. Well, that's what he says anyway.

''No wait, hear me out'' Sam whispered back, desperately trying to pour all the wrong chemicals into the test tubes.

I grabbed them from him, one by one. Placing them all back onto the drawer, I glanced at the teacher who was too busy marking papers. ''Let's not blow the whole school up'' I whispered and rolled my eyes at his puppy-dog eyes.

''Why not?'' He asked, wearing a mischievous smile.

''Because...'' I struggled to think of a reason. Everyone would be rejoicing if this school burned down, let's be honest. ''Do you want to go to jail?'' I asked, chuckling.

''I mean...'' He thought about it.

My eyes widened at this.

''I'm kidding'' He rolled his eyes, slapping my arm lightly.

''Sure...'' I rolled my eyes right back at him.

The bell rang and everyone gathered their things at the speed of light, ready to race to the cafeteria. My stomach was screaming for some food.

''Hey, I know you might be sick of me by now...but can I sit with you at lunch? It's just that I'm not hanging around my old crew anymore and I-''

''Of course, you can!'' I cut his rambling off with a bright smile.''And I'm not sick of you, Sam. Having you as a partner in Math and Chemistry was fun, way better than sitting alone all year''

''You're so nice to me'' He smiled back, taking a long look into my eyes before looking away abruptly. ''Let's go stuff ourselves with nasty cafeteria food!'' He cheered, linking my arm with his and leading me out of the Chemistry class.

In the hallway, we ran right into Austin. He was alone, a pissed off expression on his face. ''Sup, White'' He chose to speak, surprising me.

I opened my mouth but nothing came out.

He stared me down, towering over me.''And Sam, hello to you too'' He averted his stare to Sam, a sour look appearing on his face.

''Look, about that night, I totally deserved-''

''I know you did'' Austin cut Sam off, rolling his eyes.''And I don't care'' He added, before looking at me again with a cold hint to his eyes.''Befriending the enemies, huh?'' He asked me.

I pursed my lips at his question, bracing myself for what I was going to say to him. ''Yeah, maybe I am. Turns out it's not the enemies who end up hurting you the most. How did that saying go, again? Their whole life sheep are afraid of the wolves, but in the end, it's the shepherd who eats them'' I smiled, not caring about how bitchy or fake it came off as. I got the point across and that's all that mattered.

Austin clenched his jaw as if he was in actual physical pain from what I said to him.''Glad you remember everything I said so well. Do you remember everything I did, too?'' He played it off, in the famous 'Austin Black' way.

I chuckled dryly, looking away from his eyes for a brief moment to gather enough strength not to slap him across the face and wipe that frickin' smirk off his face.''You wish'' I spat and pushed past him, getting the hell out of there.

Sam followed me, catching up with me rather quickly.''Are you okay?'' He asked, generally concerned.

''I'm fine'' I said simply.