23: Promise you'll get absolutely wasted tonight?

''Why do I keep agreeing to this?'' I groaned as the three of us stepped out of the taxi.

''Because you finally decided to live a little'' Tara waved me off, strutting her stuff between Sasha and me. I rolled my eyes at her before laughing.

''The guys will be blown away'' Sasha smirked, patting her skirt down.

''They guys? As in, Caleb and Seb, right?'' I asked, nervous.

They glanced at each other, cringing a little.''As in, Austin and Aaron too'' Sasha shrugged. I froze at her words.''Here we go...'' She muttered.

''Tina, just don't talk to him if you guys aren't on talking terms! But please, have fun with us. Just let loose. Live a little, dammit!'' Tara whined.

Great.

''Okay, but only for you guys'' I mumbled as they dragged me into the house party.

''We'll find you something new to obsess over'' Sasha winked, motioning at all the attractive guys around us.''Let the assholes get a little jealous...it's healthy for them'' She whispered, loud enough for Tara to hear.

''Did you just put my brother in that category too?'' Tara raised an eyebrow, disgusted.

''Well, he ditched her too. And they definitely had something going on at the beach before Austin showed up'' Sasha explained.

''Ugh, you're right, as much as I hate to admit it'' Tara agreed, scrunching her face into a sour expression. ''I'll beat him up when I get the chance''

''You do that. I'll handle Aussie all by myself'' Sasha cracked her knuckles, searching the crowds of drunken teens.

''No one's beating up anyone!'' I groaned at them.

''Why not?!'' They both exclaimed in unison.

''Because,'' I rolled my eyes. ''We're here to have fun, as you guys said. I've had enough drama, okay? Let's just get drunk and dance''

''You're right, as always'' Tara sighed.

''Fine'' Sasha pouted, relaxing her fists.

***

''Isn't it weird? We h-haven't seen the guys yet'' Tara hiccuped, slightly intoxicated.

''They're probably doing some dirty job for Jared, as always'' Sasha gritted her teeth as his name left her mouth. ''They'll probably be here later on''

We were dancing in a crowd of drunk people, drinks in our hands. I was slowly starting to relax as the alcohol flooded my mind. The voice in my head was gradually fading away, finally. ''Forget them'' I shook my head before downing my drink.

''Whoa!'' Tara stared wide-eyed.

''Slow down, sista!'' Sasha took my empty glass away from me.''We just got here'' She laughed at my pout.

''Yeah, I don't want you spewing your guts out again'' Tara chuckled.

I rolled my eyes. Mood killers...

''Hey, girls!'' Aaron appeared beside us, a tall brown-haired girl on his arm. She looked away, avoiding eye contact with me. Huh...weird.

''Hey, annoying brother!'' Tara faked enthusiasm.''And hello there, golddigger!'' She switched her attention to the girl, a nasty fake smile on her face. ''How's that rich guy? Run out of money?'' She asked, poison dripping from her overly sweet tone.

''I wouldn't know!'' The girl smiled sweetly, obviously putting on a show.

''Girls...'' Aaron rolled his eyes.