Author's Note: THANK YOU!

above picture is a photoshopped image of myself and pedro pascal... because I love that man. <3

. . . . .

I don't think so

I don't think I'm meant to understand myself

Well, maybe you do

That's good for you

And, well, maybe in time

Maybe one day

I'll do the same

I'll do the same

I'll do the same

I'll do the same

I said that I'll do the same, yeah

Uh-huh, I'll do the same as you

I'll try and hold it up

Soon I hope or as soon as I'm old enough

Old enough to understand.

These are some of the lyrics from Rex Orange County's song, "Pluto Projector", the song I was listening to late at night when I decided to start drafting "I'll Do The Same." The title is a direct inspiration from this song, and I think it's a very fitting theme and message portrayed in the entire novel. It's really a story about sacrificing for the other, maybe even when they don't deserve it. It's about putting your life at risk for the sake of the people that you love, not doing it out of honor or vanity or the like... purely out of love, and love above all else. Din's love for Thell stretches far beyond her looks or her personality, but the ways in which she has sacrificed for him, for Grogu, for Din himself. It's the same for Thell.

That's why I called it "I'll Do the Same" because it's a constant cycle of doing for others what they've already done or have yet to do for you, for making and keeping those promises that are hard and trying. It's loving those who hate you, loving those who are hard, who don't agree with you or see things the same way, but caring for them regardless. Above all, even above the romance, Thell, Din, and Grogu are a family, and care deeply for each other.

The response I got with this story has just been beyond unbelievable. I started writing it purely for fun and thought that maybe a couple of people might read it... but I never expected thousands!! So many of you have stuck around since the beginning, AND have come along the way, or are maybe just finding it now, and I just wanted to say.... I love and appreciate every single one of you! I have been a writer most of my life so it has been the most humbling thing actually seeing people enjoy my story. I love this book and these characters with my whole heart, and I hope you were satisfied with the outcome. If you have any questions about the book, why I wrote certain things, why I chose to do some things the way I did, I would be MORE than happy to answer any and all questions. :)

And wow. Just wow. I never expected my story to get the response it has. Maybe it's not as many as others, but for me, it's mind blowing. I was consistently so encouraged by the comments and love that people left on my story... On harder days it made it easier to write and plug myself back into this world. It took me away from the hardships of life, and it was the greatest blessing in disguise. I cried tears writing this book and also reading the comments... time and time again I found myself just reading and rereading every comment I would get because they were just the kindest things. I have not been one to ever share my writing with anyone, not because I didn't think I couldn't write... I was also embarrassed. I was embarrassed that people would make fun of me or call me out on things. I was embarrassed for investing myself so deeply into worlds and things that don't actually exist. But honestly, one of the greatest things I have learned coming out of writing this story is that I don't need to be fearful of the things that I love and hold dearest. I love fictional worlds. I love characters. And I freakin' love Star Wars. I have never grown up in a time where I didn't know and love Star Wars. I hold these characters and these tragic stories so close to my heart.

Favereau and Filoni, well done, my dudes. You have inspired millions including myself. You make me feel justified for loving these things in the ways that I do, for once feeling "out of place" with my obsessions and finding a home within them. That includes you all as well. Don't let people bash you for what you love. STRIVE in that passion. It's a beautiful, amazing thing, and there are so many beautiful and amazing aspects of this world to love and be passionate about.

If you ever want to find me, here's some of my socials:

The link to "I'll Do The Same"'s Spotify playlist, essentially what I would listen to on repeat while writing the book.: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6OAphKgYw9MOtYCHfnvRds

My tiktok is @hannahglow. While I'm at college I don't post very often, but I am very active with replying to messages or sending things I find funny! Find me on there, don't be afraid to say hi! I have even made some content related to this book. :)

I've also remade myself a "fan account" essentially on instagram, dedicated to my fangirling with pedro pascal and star wars and promoting any writing I do. I will definitely be active there, and I would love to connect!! My username is @alpine.stxrdust

In regards to a sequel, YES, I am planning on writing one! PLEASE tell me what you would like to see in a sequel, throw me any and all ideas that you have! However, in saying that, I will probably not have time until the summer to fully invest in it, as I want to give it my everything but also be dedicated to my schoolwork. In saying that, I don't think I'll write anything as good as I'll Do The Same again. It's my whole heart, my soul literally poured out on the pages of this website. So many of Thell and Din's deepest fears, desires, and dreams consistently reflect my own, and that's why I feel so connected to it.

UPDATE: SEQUEL IS OUT! 

I could never fully express my gratitude and love for the appreciation and love I have received from writing this book. Again, thank you for continuing to support me and this book, and for always leaving the sweetest feedback that I will cherish forever. I will always hold it and my beloved friends and readers so close to my heart, even years from now!

My dear readers, my sweet, sweet friends, I leave you with that. I hope and I pray that through finding this story you can come away with a bit more love in your heart and a whole lot of hope in your veins. 

Until the next story,

Hannah <3