CH. 2 - Invisible Voice

I stood there staring at the mirror with a blurred reflection of a face beside me

I stood there staring at the mirror with a blurred reflection of a face beside me. The instant voice made me shiver as I dared not to look around.

Psst... turn around

I try my best not to get paranoid, so I suck up the courage and curl my fingers into a fist as I lunge it to find --

"Hey,"

-- a human boy person standing behind me.

I flinched, almost knocking his face. I immediately tucked my hands into my pocket as I breathe out a sigh.

"What the heck man? Ever heard of not trying to give anybody a heart attack?" I called out.

"Dude, I just need to use the sink to wash my hands. Why are you staring at the mirror like an idiot?"

"Maybe you should stop saying weird things like you said earlier?"

He chuckled, "I was just trying to snap your thoughts because you've been staring at the mirror for minutes."

I wrinkled my nose, "Gross. You can have your sink back, don't ever try to that again."

I left the bathroom after that weird situation. Without a doubt, I know I saw something yet I couldn't quite put a thought into it.

In the corner of my eye, Jackie ran up to me.

"Where have you been? Since why the heck did you run away?"

"Nothing, I just saw them and I just bolted because I knew whenever they saw me they would chase me."

"Lucky for you, they went back to their classes. You got serious bad vibes with them, right now you need to go back to class. History test is today."

"Wait what!? What's the topic?"

She shrugged,"I forgot, but hey you can ace that. You just need 'magic'" she emphasized magic with jazz hands.

"Haha, funny." I reply in a sarcastic tone."I'll go now, hang out later?"

"Your treat," she winked.

I chuckled as I sprinted across the halls dodging every person in my way, avoiding being late.

***

The moment I arrived at the class the teacher wasn't there, but the room was packed.

I stepped back and kick the door open as I strode inside making my entrance. "I'm back bitches!"

The class groaned and grew quiet the moment my existence appreared inside. Mr. Thompson glared at my unexpected rude behavior.

"Mr. Everett! Foul language and disrespectful manner are not allowed in my class. Do you have anything to say for yourself?"