CH. 4 - For the sake of theatre

"It's finally nice to meet--"

In a split second, I opened the closet and grabbed my stuffed toy as I hurled it towards the girl. Slamming it onto the bed yelling.

"Begone demon! You won't fool me with your illusions!"

I abruptly stopped after ten hits and saw the sheets covering the pillows. Heart racing, I paused to see if they're still there or not.

"Sheesh, rude much? That's no way to greet your guest."

Spoke too soon

I whirled around to find her standing in my room, crossing her arms pouting her lips. She wore all white attire in comfortable clothes, a sleeveless shirt, and white leggings. It appears to say she's likely young and I'm guessing she's around my age. Yet it's impossible to think it like that.

"Y-you, appeared out of thin air! How the hell do you get here?" I questioned, lifting my stuffed toy as a shield.

"Be glad I didn't appear while you're in a toilet."

"Wait-- that was you? Who are you?"

"I'm the grim reaper, here to claim your soul for being a despicable, wicked, and pretentious human being on earth with my nonexistent scythe. I'm dressed in white because I forgot to do laundry." She gave me a cold stare.

I slowly back away clutching into my stuffed toy.

She laughed."I'm joking, which I wish am not. I'm a phantom soul and I need your help."

I paused for a moment, as I laugh out loud with every bit of my sanity slowly crashing down and my two brain cells deforming into burnt raisins.

"I've completely lost my mind! Someone cursed me or maybe I'm sleeping in class again and this is my teacher yelling at me because I'm always distracted."

"If you were dreaming about going to the bathroom, you would've wakened up with piss in your pants right now. Is that what they call... a wet dream?" She answered.

"Um... no? But you were right about what you've said before. I had a lot of accidents as a child and I usually wake up from a coma or knocked out."

"Wow, you're some reckless kid. How come you're not dead yet?"

"Speak for yourself. Are you real? Or are you an FBI hologram spying on me, because that's messed up."

"Hard to believe, I know. I wasn't spying on you, I followed you because you're the only human being who can see me. It's been so long since I can talk to someone!" She grinned her cheeks glowing from her bright smile.

"Listen, I'm not interested in your guiding service or whatever it is. With that said, you're fired."

She was taken aback at my comment."You can't fire me!"