CH 9 - Acquaintance and Mishaps

"Oh there you are the spawn of satan! How's hell doing for ya?"

He grabbed my shoulders and pushed me through the crowed leading me in a secluded area away from the party. A dimly lit room, light enough to see our surroundings and some couches and bean bags along with tables and stocks that had been set aside. Following wooden floor boards that had been polished quite well, my shoes slid easily as Aj pushed me from behind.

"You know if you wanted to seduce me just say it--"

Aj slammed me against the wall, as I winced in pain. As he abruptly grabbed my collar and looked at me with his piercing brown eyes scanning my own gaze.

"Where the hell have you been, huh? Your shitshow back there with you and Jackie? We don't go in the same school and you clearly vandalized our school flag with a scribbles saying 'Aj and the gang was here'"

Well shit I didn't think he'd remember the flag incident.

"What? It's my anniversary gift for you. Clearly you've been on my ass for so long I just had to make a grand surprise."

"Oh don't bullshit me, Everett. You left us after you pulled that one prank last year. What happened to you? You used to be cool with us and you used to be at the higher food chain and you sank right at the bottom." Aj mentioned gritting his teeth.

"First off, hi. Second, your group is way toxic for my taste. Besides, I thought we're cool already? Or are you not done bullying me into joining your group just to make me do stupid shit back then. It wasn't funny."

"We're not past that. You abandoned us, and we and the boys thought you're hanging out with someone else and turns out it is! It's Jackie girl who's so good, that you forgot that we're your friends. You aren't allowed to have friends because you chose to stick with us."

"Oh c'mon, this? Am I not allowed to be free to have friends? What are you my dad? I can hang with people whenever I want. You're manipulative of me when I thought you're my friend!"

"Face it, you're just desperate back then. I know how much you adore being the center of attention. Even so, you we're so much cooler back then! Now look at you, gentle and soft, being lame about family stuff."

"Bitch please, don't refer to my family about that. Being that bad boy is so overly dull and you are a prick! Now I have to fix my school status and to avoid the principal having a cardiac arrest. I almost got suspended last year and... my family is already disappointed in me enough." I glared at him giving a spiteful scowl.

"Is that so? After what you pulled that last stunt you did last year?" Aj reminded.

No... I don't even want to remember that. That was an accident. Fuck...

"Still trying to bring up the past? Nuh-uh buddy you're just being negative right now." I said dragging the 'w' jokingly spitballing his face.

"Words spread faster than herpes in Utopia Northwind High." Aj quoted.