Chapter Six

A/N I'd just like to say nothing in this story is realistic. Yeah I use 5SOS but it's clearly not their actual personalities and family backgrounds. Okay. I've dealt with people believe it before so yeah don't.
-----
"How was school" dad asked me while unpacking groceries mom had gotten after work. I laughed slightly while responding, "you're kidding me right? It's Lincord, it's obviously shit" my dad smiled at my comment. He always understood me, he was easier to get along with rather than my mother. "Hey watch the attitude young lady" my dad imitated in my mothers voice, we both chuckled until my mom walked in.

She glared at the both of us brining my dad and I to silence. "What's all this laughter?" My mom said in a monotone voice, luckily the doorbell rang letting myself leave this conversation. "I'll get it" I said before jumping off the bar stool and walking to the front door.

I opened the door revealing my best friend with a welcoming smile, damn I missed her company. I pulled Sam into a hug taking her by surprise, "oh my god Avery what did they do to you over there! Are you actually hugging me!" She laughed while hugging me tighter. "I just missed you" I said honestly. "come on in"

"Avery who is at the door?" My mom practically yelled. I could hear her heels clicking against the floor, her walk is even arrogant I swear. "Oh Sam lovely to see you. I'm glad Avery has someone like you that she can go to for some guidance. " She smiled weakly. This woman has no emotion other than anger so I'm surprised she's even letting me speak to Sam. "Dinner will be ready in about an hour then Sam you will need to leave" she said before turning on her heels quickly to the kitchen.

"So how's jail" Sam laughed laying down beside me on the bed. "Hell" I laughed, continuing to stare at the high ceiling. "Any cute boys?" I have to admit there were a few cute boys but none that I was totally falling for. "Nope" I said while shaking my head. "How's Roman? Still hates my guts?"

"He's upset" Sam replied. "But other than that he's still head over heels for you Avery. Are you going to break up with him?"

"I thought he wanted nothing to do with me after punching Tom. I thought he ended it then." I sighed. It's best Roman and I break up but I don't want to lose this friendship. Next to Sam, Roman knows everything about me. "I think you should call and confirm that" Sam said handing over her phone.
----
Friday, the one day of the week I love the most. It's the final day of school before the weekend. I love the feeling of the end of school on Friday, that joy of leaving all the peasants and problems at school to enjoy my relaxing home to myself. Unfortunately it's only the morning meaning that feeling will have to wait until 3pm.

The bell rang which was hell to my ears. English was over, but math has only started. I sat down in the back, my usual seat. Obviously I have no one to chat with in this class either, everyone kind of does their own thing. Me on the other hand, yeah I sit quiet like the rest of the class but I never know what I'm doing. Yeah I was smart but changing schools messed me up, they are doing different lessons in a different order so I still needed to get use to the curriculum. 

"Hey sorry... I don't understand this question. I think it's vectors but I forget." I asked the kid in front of me. Unlike other kids he smiled instantly when I started talking to him. "Yeah it is. See just use Sin Law to figure out the remanding unknown angle."

"Thanks" I smiled, actually understand one thing that has happened in this class all week. "I'm Calum by the way" he held his hand out in a polite manner, and I shook it. "Avery" I smiled.

"Yeah I know who you are. No offence but everyone knows you as the rich new girl." My expression of happiness faded, I had nothing wrong with having money but I don't want that to be what I'm known for. "I'm sorry, it's just what I heard. You seem nice though, I sure don't see that often" his smile brightened my mood instantly. Maybe I could make a friend here and that decision to sleep with Luke will no longer be a decision.

"It's totally fine, and I'll take that as a compliment. So why are you here Calum?" I thought I'd make this situation about him and avoid doing math.

"Well actually it's really stupid." He chuckled lightly looking down to the floor. "My mom... Uh she died four years ago. My dad, I have no idea where he is but whatever. You know what never mind, you probably don't want to hear my messed up story." Calum turned back around with that smile no longer evident.

"Hey Calum" I tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention. "I know we just met and maybe you don't feel comfortable telling me things.... But I'm always here to listen. I don't have any friends here and I hate to be selfish but I would love to have you as a friend" I smiled earning one back from Calum. "Lunch?" He laughed, I quickly accepted my nodding. "Of course!"

---
I haven't laughed like this in a long time. Roman nor Sam could make me laugh this much. My attitude of hating everything to do with school reflected my mood towards everyone even when I got home, but with Calum it was different. I felt like we were the only two people in the room; I do not mean that in a cheesy romantic way. With Calum I felt happy and all the negativity around me no longer existed.

I think this was the shortest lunch I've ever experienced. "Well Avery I'd love to continue to make you smile but I have music. I'll walk you home?" I nodded with a smile, "See you then, bye Calum!" I quickly got my books together and hurried to Sex Ed.

When I arrived there were only a few people in their seats so I took the initiative to sit in the back corner of the room. Once the bell rang, that's when everyone started to pore in. "Mind if I sit here" Luke asked me, it's not like I was going to say yes but he did anyways. "How are you doing babe" he grabbed my thigh giving it a quick squeeze. I shot him a death glare; I hate being touch.

"Fucking great" I spat pushing his hand off my thigh. "Glad to hear"

The teacher walked into the room and this awkward tension between Luke and I, increased. "Hello class! Welcome to another day of learning about the responsibilities of sex. We are going to take it a little further today with the discussing of the negativities. If you have no idea what I'm referring to, I mean diseases." Everyone groaned but honestly I feel like this is the least awkward and people should be aware about this. I certainly don't want a disease and everyone else shouldn't either. "Now can anyone list different diseases transmitted by sexual activity."
--
The class finished early today leaving 10 minutes to spare before last period. "Don't worry babe, if we have sex you don't have to worry about diseases." Luke played with his lip ring getting me quite distracted. "I always have safe sex" his hand started to rub my thigh. I quickly moved away, I can't believe I was being drawn in by him just playing with his lip ring. "Luke I'm not interested okay. What happened to you? When I first met you, you were nice and actually seemed like a friend. Yeah I get it, "you don't make friends" but you were never this eager to get into my pants"

"Eager? I'm eager to get into your pants? You've got to be kidding me, right? Look I'm only trying to help your popularity here. You could sleep with Ash, Mikey or me to get that popularity but trust me Mikey and Ash hate your guts. I'm just trying to do a favour here, I'm not trying to fuck you just cause." Luke relaxed in his chair and waited for me to speak.

"I don't need popularity. I just wanted a friend, I thought you could be that friend but clearly not. Anyways I have made a friend so your help is no longer needed. Thanks Luke" I stood up collecting my belongings. "Oh and one more thing. Why would you want to help with my popularity? There are probably other girls that want that attention."

Luke just ignored my comment, he picked up his bag and walked over to his friends.

-----

I'm trying to update twice a week but that will happen if I'm motivated, so vote, share, and comment :)