Chapter One

"Can you believe it! We survived three years in this hell hole! We only have our final year until all three of us will be attending NYU; the school of our dreams." I wanted to correct her. The school of her and Roman's dream, I rather be somewhere else. Anywhere else than there to be honest. 

"Yeah I can't wait Sam!" Sometimes to make your best friend happy all you have to do is smile and lie. 

I felt two arms wrap around my torso and soft lips touched my cheek. I pulled away instantly, It wasn't the right time or place to be lovey dovey. "Ew Roman not in public okay" I hissed while trying to hid my face behind my hair. "We have been dating for three years now. You would think I'd be able to kiss my girlfriend on the cheek in public."

"Well you thought wrong" Roman took a deep sigh and put his hands in his khakis trying to act like nothing just happened. 

Some people would question why we are together and I do to at times, I'm surprised he hasn't dumped my ass yet. "Well I'm off babe.. I mean Avery" Just as he was going to lean in for a kiss he turned away to his friends.

"Well that was awkward" I laughed to myself adjusting my backpack straps.

"It didn't have to be Ave. You've been acting kind of distant with Roman lately. He tries so hard to make you happy and all you do is push him away. Save the guy some trouble and break up with him already" Sam was right, I should break up with him. We are too different, I guess I just fear our friendship will be over. 

"I'll tell him at lunch its over then. Hopefully he won't be mad" I sighed. I made the wrong decision to become more than friends. All three of us were so close but Roman made the wrong decision to like me. Now I'm afraid that friendship we all had will be gone... for good.

"Maybe not till tomorrow? He has that big opening football match, try to love him for tonight?" Sam joked knowing I've never loved someone and even hated pretending. 

---

Third period was over and I started to make my way into the cafeteria. "Damn Avery I could never tell you were a girl if you weren't dating Roman. You know you could be like a normal girl and show a little skin" Tom joked walking towards me. I literally hate all of Roman's friends, especially Tom.

"Fuck off Tom" I pushed him with a strong force nearly pushing him over. I wanted to punch him every time he talked to me. Actually every time I saw him, his face is just annoying to look at. I would be doing him a favour punching him in the face/

"Miss Anderson. Meet me in my office" I turned around to see Mrs. Jensen staring me down. Shit...

--

"Now Miss Anderson it's the first day of school and you are already in my office. Care to explain these actions to me?" We both took a seat in her office, this was basically my second home. 

"Well those dickheads were pissing me off, they deserve to--" I was cut off. "Avery you will not use that language in my school. Looking at your school profile you're not heading in the right path" 

"Excuse me?" Who is she to say if I'm heading in the right path.

"Avery you have been missing too much school the last three years and you're always in the principals office. I thought you would change over the summer but here you are; first day in my office. Avery you have given me no choice but to transfer you to Lincord"

"You got to be kidding. Look at my grades! It's not like I'm failing, I'm nearly a straight A student and you're transferring me to the worst school in the district!"

"Your grades are outstanding but here at Smithdale we do not tolerate bullying for bad behaviour like yourself."  I grabbed my bag and stormed out of her office to go find that douche bag. 

"Hey Tom" He turned around laughing. I swung my fist up punching him right in the jaw. "Fuck you asshole!" I yelled at him ready to throw another punch until two arms held me down. 

"What the fuck Avery!"  Roman wasn't the one to swear so I was taken off guard. "Roman you just swore" I laughed.

"No shit Ave. You just punched my best friend, are you crazy!" Of course he would take his side. 

"Roman come on this isn't my fault I-" Roman cut me off. "I don't want to hear it Avery, I've had enough" 

 ---- 

First 5sos fanfiction... I would love some feedback :) Vote and comment? xx