Chapter Nine

I woke up with a huge headache and my mouth felt so dry. I got up from Sam's bed and went to grab a glass of water. I was now fully awake and I didn't want to wake Sam up just yet, that girl needs her sleep.

I asked Calum about Lauren but he just wouldn't speak, and I swear he shed a tear or two. I decided to leave it at that, I didn't want to upset him any further. If I ever have a conversation with Ashton I might ask him instead, I can't help my curiosity and Ashton seems practically heartless so he would be affected by a question.

I crashed on her living room couch scrolling through old photos on my phone; looking at old photos I've taken was something that always made me happy. I landed on a photo of Roman, Sam and I together. Roman was hugging me from behind tightly and smiling like he was the happiest person on the planet. Maybe I should take him back, what are the chances of me ending up with someone as good as him.

No, what am I saying, Roman was more of a backup plan than anything. Besides I don't need a guy in my life, I was happy with just hanging out with Sam and making my life a Lincord less miserable.

Just then my home screen showed a message from Luke, when did I ever get his number?

Luke Hemmings:
Hey Avery I stole your phone last night before you stormed out of the bedroom ;) And may I add that was one hell of a good night. Do you want to meet me later today?

Avery:

Why would I hang out with a thief :)

Luke Hemmings:

Because that thief is a great kisser that you can't resist. I'll be at acre high park at 2, meet me there

Luke was a great kisser in my opinion but that wasn't going to make me go park (And no not like a park with a playground, a park filled with green landscape and trees.) I was going to go just to give me something to do and possibly get him to treat me like a friend.

---

"Where are you going?" Sam asked me raising a brow. "And with who?"

"Acre High park with Luke. Luke is a friend I made there" I shrugged.

"Do you not make any girl friends there. I'm starting to believe you're just sleeping with these guys for money... you're not in a sex business are you! I heard that's what they do in those troubled schools" Sam started to panicked shaking my shoulders, she's literally going mental.

"No Sam! I am not having sex with any of them and they aren't like that, it's all rumors trust me." Yeah they make sleazy sexual comments but that was probably just because they were sexual frustrated and not getting any. Sam sighed in relief. "Thank goodness because I've been really worried since you left, I know you're all bad ass but those kids are worse."

"I'm fine Sam" I gave her a hug to calm her nerves. "Now I got to get dress, you slept in so fucking late that I need to leave in an hour" She was always known to sleep in, every time we had sleepovers I hated the morning because she would sleep past noon and I didn't want to wake her up. I always felt bad to wake someone up but it wasn't my house so I usually sat in silence if her parents were home, afraid to get up.

"Can I dress you all girly for your date? Please" She begged. Sam and I were really different, she was that typical girly girl and I was complete opposite. "It's not a date, and no I'm quite alright with ripped jeans and a t-shirt"

I walked upstairs into her room grabbing my black ripped skinny jeans and a black t-shirt. (yeah I know what you're thinking I'm so basic, well I am). I then grabbed my makeup bag, I'm not girly girl but I do love makeup because it hides most of my imperfections.