Chapter Three

Torture. This school is complete torture. It's hasn't even been 24 hours and I'm already the schools laughing target. English and math had come to an end, bringing me to lunch hour. Usually people are happy to relax during lunch time but I have no friends here and no one to talk to.

As I walked into the rowdy cafeteria I was given a few looks. I just tightened my grip on my backpack and walked straight ahead. I saw Luke sitting at a table with a few girls and my first intention was to go talk to him but then I realized I'd probably get laughed at. I didn't like Luke at all but he was the only person here that was willing to talk to me in the first place. I turned around quickly on my heals smashing into a boy behind me. I squealed a little when his chocolate milk and spaghetti split all over me. "I'm so sorry" I said shyly while wiping the split chocolate milk off my face.

That loud cafeteria? Yeah not so loud anymore, all faces were turned to look at me and this boy in silence. "$5.75" he bluntly said.

"W-what?" I stuttered taken by surprised.

"My lunch was $5.75. You owe me" He looked out at the cafeteria and gave a simple glare. Within seconds everyone went back to minding their own business.

"I don't have any money on me... I can pay you back?" Usually I'm not the one to give a fuck but it's the first day and I've already made a fool of myself. The best way to get myself out of this mess is fit in and go along with what people say.

"Or you can pay me back in different ways" he whispered, biting down on his lip. My mouth dropped, I'm speechless how to respond to this boy. Instead I just lowered my head and sped walked out of the cafeteria to clean myself up.

--

The bell went off and here I am still trying to make myself even a slight bit presentable. "Stupid high school. Stupid boys. Stupid life" I mumbled to myself while scrubbing the sauce out of my shirt. Screw it there is no hope and I need to get to class or who knows what they will do to me.

I walked into the class and there he was surrounded by girls flaunting all over him. One girl in particular ran her fingers through his dirty blonde hair, yet keeping his black bandana in place. "Care to join us?" I didn't realize I was in such a deep thought while staring at that boy, I wondered what others were now thinking. I nodded taking a seat at the front being that was the only available option.

"What is your name miss?" The teacher smacked a ruler on my desk making me jump. "Avery" I spoke quiet.

"Avery. This is a safe zone where everyone can open up and be honest. There is no room for bullying here. Do you understand this Avery?" I didn't even check to see what class I was in, I just check the number and now I'm regretting not knowing what I got myself into.

I nodded in response and waiting for his next comment. "Avery are you a virgin?" I wanted to scream at him for asking such a personal question but instead my face reaction was enough. "Excuse me" I said harshly. I was going to play the nice card but no teacher has the right to ask me about my personal life.

"Have you had sex? Done the hanky panky? doing the nasty? I don't know what you kids call it these days" I'm in complete shock. I'd like to believe I'm just imagining these words escape my teachers mouth but I know I just witnessed this. "The answer better be no because sex isn't safe! You may slap a condom on the big fella but that's not a promise to keep away diseases and unwanted pregnancy. Class throughout this course I'm going to teach you everything you need to know from how it all works and the consciences you will face as a troubled teen. Welcome to sex Ed!"

--

Sex Ed was one of the most awkward classes I've ever been in. The content doesn't make me feel awkward but this teacher does and the classmates that make stupid immature comments every second. I'm really hoping gym class will be somewhat enjoyable but then again I hate physical activity.