Chapter Two

This is complete bullshit. My parents are going to be home any second now and start screaming at me. I can't remember a time they were proud of me. I was always compared to my older sister and it sucked. My parents thought I'd grow up to be just like her, and I use to think the same but I soon realized that wasn't me; never will be.

"Avery Anderson! Get down here now!" My mother screamed followed by the front door slamming. I rolled out of bed and slowly made my way down the stairs to my angry parents at the front entry. "You're being transferred? I thought we raised you better then this Avery. It's the first day of school how could you mess up this much." My mom kept pacing back an forth it was making me nervous. What made me more nervous was my dad standing there silent; he's never silent.

"We are so disappointed in you. Why couldn't you be more like your sister" my dad shook his head In disappointment. I felt bad, I always hated disappointing my parents but I didn't mean for this to happen. "One more thing Avery. I would like your phone, you are not responsible for one." I reached into the back pocket of my black ripped jeans and handed my phone over.

My parents left the room leaving me in absolute silence. I feel really bad for them. They would of had such a better life without me in the family. All the bad news comes from me, never from Caroline. This though crosses my mind so much it's the main reason I want to travel the world. If I'm always on the go seeing new places, my parents would forget my existence; we would all be happier.

I decided I would call it an early night, I had nothing better to do. I desperately wanted to talk to Roman or Sam but I no longer have my phone and my parents would probably kill me if I left the house.

I stripped from my clothes and put on comfortable sweats and a sports bra; my perfect sleeping attire. I put in my ear buds listening to songs by 1975. Music was always my escape and right now it was the perfect time to forget about everything.

---

"Avery get up!" My mother screamed at the top of her lungs. I responded with a groan to the wake up call. I'm never happy to get up in the morning for school but today I'm hating it a little bit more because today is the day to attend Lincord.

I'm not really big on first impressions so I'm going to wear what I want to wear. I put on pair of black ripped skinny jeans like the ones I had on yesterday and a plain black v neck shirt that was a little big. I let my long brown hair stay natural and wavy. Honestly I was too lazy to do anything but brush it.

"Avery you're going to be late!" My mom yelled for me. I quickly dumped my makeup all over my bathroom counter. First I applied my foundation, blush, and Bronzer. After I applied my black eyeliner, not thin but not to thick . I really don't like eye shadow unless I'm going to something special so I finished with some mascara.

"I'm leaving in 5 minutes Avery now get your butt down here!" She's just happy this morning, it's like she's not even upset with me. I grabbed my black converse and put them on not thinking to tie them.

I grabbed my bag and ran down the stairs and out the door to see my mom backing out of the driveway. I waved to get her attention and she slammed the breaks, "get in" she said in a harsh tone.

---

I walked up the large stairs leading to the entrance of Lincord. I got looks from ever direction. I wanted to flip them off but I thought it wasn't the best idea especially because most of them would like they would kill me if I was alone in the streets.

"Damn I would like a piece of that" some boy said slapping my ass.

"Watch it!" I spat clutching my fists.

"Oh this newbie is feisty" The tall blonde haired boy laughed while eyeing me up. I looked over to see a boy staring at me also laughing, "do you have a problem?" I directed my attention to him. He shook his head and swung his bag over his shoulder. I already hate it here, I need Sam and Roman.

I rolled my eyes at the blonde and headed to the entrance of the school but soon stopped my security. "Bag check" he demanded. I handed him my bag and watched him look through my belongings. "Move forward" he ordered handing my bag back. I did as he said and walked through medal detectors. This is a little obscured, I was sent here because I got in a fight with an idiot yet half of the kids here might actually murder someone. I'm not scared but I keep thinking someone is going to pull out a gun and shoot someone.

Well my thought came true...

Two boys were fighting right before my eyes. A crowd quickly formed around these two boys, I wanted to say something but I kept my mouth shut for once.

Just when I least expected it the white short boy pulled me in front of him. I thought nothing of it until I felt cold metal touch the side of my head. "You move asshole and I will shoot this bitch" okay now I'm scared.

I closed my eyes ready for anything until a bunch of police men and security filled the main entrance. I was released and the boy was put into handcuffs. "Baby" someone whispered walking past me. Excuse me?

Everyone started to carry on and head to first period. I'm sorry did everyone just miss this kid with a gun? To my head? All the kids around me kept laughing and making crying noises. I'm already the outcast of this school just great.

I retrieved my timetable from the principals office and tried to find my locker. "Need help?" The blonde boy I met earlier said snatching my timetable out of my hand.

"Not really. Give it back" I spat trying reach my paper but I was too short when he lifted it higher.

"Oo we have gym together. Do I get to see that body in a tight gym uniform?" I gave him a glare grabbing my timetable back. "I'm Luke" he smiled stepping In front of me.

"That's nice" I moved to my left to walk around him but he moved in front again.

"Harsh much? What's your name" he asked biting on his lip. I never noticed before that he had a lip ring; it was quite appealing. "Do you want to make out?" Ew what. Oh my god I'm staring.

"Gross. And my name is Avery" I started to walk down the hallway with Luke by my side.

"So Avery how does it feel to be the lowest of the low"

"Excuse me?"

"You're new here so basically everyone despises you, plus you were such a wimp this morning no one is going to hang out with you. Unless you hang out with me of course." Fantastic just what I needed, someone to remind me that no one likes me.

"No thanks, and who said I need to hang out with anyone here" I thought if I just did my school work like usual and stay out of trouble I could get back into smithdale. To achieve that, I just need to avoid all trouble at this school.

"Let me guess you think you're too cool for this school. You probably have rich parents, preppy best friend and boyfriend, and this whole outfit you have going on is you trying to fit in here"

"Wrong" I smiled ignoring his comment.

"Wrong? I'm wrong really, well please correct me then Avery." Why was this kid still talking to me and where is my locker!

I felt like I needed to lie to at least fit in for the time being "First my parents aren't rich..." Lie number one "I live with just my mother, she gets angry a lot because my father left us." Lie number two. "My best friend and boyfriend aren't preppy." Lie number three. "And my outfit is actually how I like to dress"

"Well Avery I'm impressed you just might fit in here." Luke smirked turning around. "Oh by the way your locker is the other way" he laughed leaving me alone.