𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

"y/n-chan, can you help me practice?" you turned around and faced bokuto with a small smile.

it's been a week since you started hanging out more with the team. if before, kaori would have to drag you with her, now you'd willingly tag along.

"uh.. sure" you contemplated for a second as you don't have a single clue on how to help him as you don't know shit about volleyball, but nevertheless nodded.

bokuto happily raised a fist in the air and waddled to stand a few steps from the net. he handed you a ball. you stared at the mikasa printed on it before looking up at him, "how?"

"just toss it in the air then i'll spike" you did as what you're told.

bokuto's cackle filled the once quiet gym as you tossed the ball in the air and it landed back on your hands.

"toss it in my direction"

"oh" you chuckled and proceeded to toss the ball towards him.

one moment the ball was flying in the air, the next moment it hit the other side with a loud sound.

"wow" you muttered, couldn't help but to be amazed as the ball rolled on the ground.

imagine getting spanked like that.

"you see that, y/n-chan?!" the owl haired asked in a loud voice as he neared you and placed his hands on your shoulders, shaking you. "yeah, good job"

you walked towards the other side and grabbed the ball, running back towards bokuto's direction. you helped him practice by being his setter for awhile before your body collapsed to the ground, running out of energy.

"you should work out more, y/n-chan. you're so unfit. you get tired so easily" he chuckled, wiping his sweat with the towel hanging on his neck.

"akaashi told me the same" you replied, breathing heavily. "bokuto-san, can you please get my handkerchief inside my bag?" you don't have the energy left to stand up and get it yourself.

"yeah, sure" the extremely tall male walked towards the bleachers where they are two bags and grabbed yours. "the black one" you spoke as you laid down under the net.

you didn't hear anything from bokuto for a few seconds causing you to slowly push your body up, sitting.

your brows furrowed seeing bokuto staring weirdly at your handkerchief in his left hand, his right hand holding your bag. "hey, bokuto-san!" you exclaimed.

what's up with him?

you made a face as he still didn't move, eyes still fixed on your handkerchief. he's staring at it like he just realized the food he's eating was his beloved chicken.

that's dark but yeah, based on experience.

you quickly shook the thoughts away and hurriedly stood up and jogged towards the frozen male. "hey," you approached him. "what's wro-"

"why do you have this?!" if you're not already used to his loud voice, you'd probably cry right now. "what do you mea-"

he cut you off again as he had a frustrated expression on. "did he gave this to you?!"

wha- does he know?!

but going on with your acting clueless card, you questioned. "wh-"

but again, he cut you off.

okay, this is getting into my nerves.

"wow, the betrayal! he won't even let me borrow his so-called precious possessions and he gave you one?!"

you stayed quiet.

right, bokuto was also in the party. there's a big possibility of him knowing the man.

and hearing him right now, he sounds like he really knows him.

"i feel so betrayed, y/n-chan!" you nodded your head as he faced you.

"when we finish practicing, i would always be covered with sweats and i tend to forget my towels at home.. " he started telling his tragic story as you listened, nodding your head from time to time, showing him you're indeed listening.

finish practicing? is he..

oh shit.

".. he would always carry two handkerchiefs with him. i tried to borrow the other one but he glared at me and strictly told me no. he said he needs two, for his face and back. and now, i found out that he gave you one. wow!" he looks and sounds really offended.

"but.. how did you know the handkerchief's his?" you tried to reach out for your handkerchief but he moved his hand away.

"i memorized it all!" didn't expect that.

"and can't you see the a and k here?" your brows formed a single line. what a and k?

you squinted your eyes when bokuto held the handkerchief close to your face. a finger pointing to something on the cloth.

and there it is, a.k printed on the upper corner of the handkerchief. it's so small that it managed to escape your eyes for two weeks.

"stop acting clueless with me, y/n-chan. don't worry, im not mad at you. i just feel betrayed. how dare that akaashi do this to me"