bonus chapter

Rose and Taehyung...

four days before the emperor and empress marriage ceremony.

Taehyung found out Rose didn't move to Goryeo wheb he recieved a letter from her and she wasn't planning to either, since she clearly wrote to him that she was going back to her village. He thought it was because she fell sick that made her stay in Ganghan but now he had learnt something different which is why he is riding back to his father kingdom in a high speed.

Taehyung and Yeojin boh rode their horse to Ganghan as soon as possible. Once they got there, they quickly alight from their tired horse and ran towards her quarter, where Hoseok was standing by the door, waiting for them.

The commandant bow as soon as he saw them while the speed walk toward him. "Eomeoni? (mother?) where is she?" Yeojin asked and Hoseok could see how badly the prince wants to see the Queen. Though she isn't the one who gave birth to him, Yeojin prefer calling her mother.

"She wanted to leave but i stopped her because i know you guys won't be happy. It's a good thing you came on time." Taehyung was softly panting as he stare at Hoseok with wide eyes but Yeojin was begining to panic more.

Rose is a mother figure to him, they have a special bond like a mother and a son. she was the one who always takes care of him and personally treat his wounds whenever he get injured from training.

Yeojin walk towards the door and push it open. He saw Rose sitted on her bed, her hair was untied. She wasn't dressed in her royal hanbok. She had a commoner clothe on but yet she still look as beautiful as always. She slowly tilt her head and spot yeojin who immediately dash towards her and hug her legs.

"Eomeoni..." Rose smiled at the cute prince and gently pet his hair.

"Don't leave please." Yeojin plead but Rose didn't say anything and continue patting his hair. "Yes, don't leave." Rose saw Taehyung and quickly stood up, bowing to him.

"Pyeha (your majesty)..."

Her voice was as soft and low, filled with emotions, just by staring at her face Taehyung could tell that she has been crying.

"My lady."

Rose smiled, which taehyung couldn't see since she had her head hung low.

Yeojin got off his knees and move aside while Taehyung walk towards her, placin' a hand on her shoulder he quietly lift up her face by her chin

"Why?"

"Your majesty...before i came inside the palace. I fell in love with someone and i am still very much in love with him although it has been years, that's why i couldn't love you, that's why i couldn't do anything for you as a Queen, I'm a disgrace to be the King's wife and be in love with someone else..." Taehyung slowly shook his head.

"No, no...you did everything for me. You helped me raise Yeojin. You helpe me more than i can ever pay you. You are a great Queen." A singer tear drop slides down the Queen's cheek and Taehyung almost immediately wipe it off, She let out a snifle laugh and smiled widely with tears still in her eyes.

"Taehyungie." She called, surprising the King whose eyes widen in surprise, it was the first time she called his name and it sounds like a beaitiful euphony in taehyung's ears

" you are going to become the empress. I can't be around while that happens. You should tell everyone the truth behind our marriage so that it won't cause you problems afterwards. I want to leave this place and go far away. I want to go back to my village." Taehyung gulped and lower his gaze. It hurt him so much that rose wants to leave, she is like a mother and a sister to him, how can he sit and watch her leave without feeling hurt.

"the only way you can pat me back is to let me go." Rose said and wipe the tears that stream down taehyung's cheeks.

"Eomeoni."

Rose took a 90° turn and saw Yeojin crying. She gave him a soft smile before walking towards him, embracing him in a warm hug. "You can always come to visit me." She gently pet his hair and plant a tender kiss on his temple.
.
.
.
.
.

  Taehyung climb his horse and rode faster to the hill where he coul take a good look at Rose as she depart. He held the rein of his horse tighter as soon as he spot the three figures. Rose, Yeojin and hoseok. They were escorting her back home.

Taehyung had made sure she took a lot of things she will need to start afresh again. He move his horse a little closer so that he could see them as they were slowly disappearing out of his sight. As soon as he couldn't see their figures anymore, he let out all the emotions he has been holding.