Chapter 18: Skynet and a Sleepover

It was a normal morning and Kaitto was waiting for Dante to get ready for school. Only when Dante came into living room without his backpack and a frown on his face that he knew something was up.

Kaitto: "What's wrong Dante? Why aren't you ready for school?"

Dante: "I'm......not going to school today."

Kaitto: "Why no-.........oh. it's the anniversary. isn't it?"

Dante: "Yes."

Kaitto: "Do you want me to go with you?"

Dante: "No, it's ok. I can go alone. Just keep an eye on the place for me. I'll be back sometime in the afternoon."

Kaitto: "Stay safe. (Dante teleported away) poor kid. I hope this won't make him fall apart like last time."

Dante had teleported to just outside the barrier that covers Greece. He couldn't teleport directly inside because of the barrier's interference. He takes a deep breath and walks through and starts making his way to his destination. At the same time Marinette was in her seat at school looking at the empty spot where Dante should be. She even kept looking at her phone and groaning prompting Alya to say something.

Alya: "Okay, Marinette you have groaned 7 times and class hasn't even started yet. What's going on?"

Marinette: "Dante's not coming to school today."

Alya: "I'm sure he will be here soon. Just be patient."

Marinette: "No he won't. He sent me a text really early this morning saying he wasn't going to be at school because he has to take care of something personal. I tried messaging and calling him but he isn't responding. I'm worried about him."

Alya: "We'll check on him after school. Just be patient until then."

Although Marinette wasn't happy she accepted the proposal because she couldn't do much else at the moment. Back in Greece Dante got out of a cab at the top of a hill next to a dangerous forest he knows all too well. Walking through the rubble that was his former home he gets flashbacks of the good times he had there and one of the time where everything went wrong.

Dante: 'They didn't do anything wrong. They shouldn't have met their end here.'

Dante continues to the garden in the back where all the plant life still flourished despite the tragedy that happened. He stops when he comes up to two graves. This is where his parents lie in their eternal rest.

Dante: "Hey Mom, Hey Dad. I know it has been awhile. Things have been really hectic lately, but I finally was able to fulfill your dream of traveling the world. I have seen so many wonderful and fascinating new things that I never would have if I stayed here. I'm actually having an amazing time in Paris. I was forced to go to school, but I actually really like it. I was able to make so many friends and have lots of fun. There was a bit of a hiccup when my past got revealed to the city. I was going to erase the memories of everyone in the city, but I didn't have to because of a girl who helped get me through it and smooth things over. Her name is Marinette and funny enough she is actually your friends Tom and Sabine's daughter. All of them have been incredibly kind to me despite knowing what I have done especially Marinette. She keeps me in check whenever I get out of hand.....That was a joke, well half joke. Seriously though she has done so much for me that even I find it hard to believe. I think that part of the reason is that she is in love with me and I think that I might be falling in love with her as well. She's a kind, brave, witty, amazing, righteous, selfless, beautiful, talented, curious, smart girl who I would do just about anything for. I even retired from my assassin career just to make her happy. Don't worry Dad I'm still keeping up with my training. After all I did promise to surpass you. I wish I could have introduced her to you both. You would have loved her, especially Mom. Well, I should be going now. Marinette is probably worried about me since I didn't tell her what I was doing today. I love you both.