Chapter 22: Too Much Glitter

Dante was sitting on his couch reading one of the books while Kaitto was bugging Dante to leave the apartment.

Kaitto: "Come on Dante you need fresh air."

Dante: "I am allowed to be anti-social for one day Kaitto. Besides you just want me gone so you could watch your shows because I won't let you while I'm here."

Kaitto: (looking away from Dante for being found out) "T-that's not it at all. Aren't your friends doing something today?"

Dante: "They're attending an Agreste fashion show."

Kaitto: "Why don't you go?"

Dante: "Hard pass. I'm not going to waste an afternoon watching Agreste Jr strut like a peacock on catwalk."

Kaitto: "But, isn't Marinette debuting the hat she made at that fashion show? You should go support her."

Dante: "Nice try Kaitto. Normally you would be right, but she asked me specifically not to attend this show because she doesn't want me to see her embarrassed if it doesn't go well. You're stuck with me today."

Dante's old work phone that he used to use as an assassin started ringing. Dante was too far away from it so Fluff grabbed it and flew over to him. After Fluff gives him his phone she sits on the couch next to him.

Dante: "Thanks Fluff." (Looks at his phone to see the call coming from an unknown number.) "Don't recognize this number." (Answers his phone) "Okay buddy you have sixty seconds to tell me who you are and how you got this number before I track you down and beat the answers out of you."

???: "That won't be necessary. My name is Gabriel Agreste and how I was able to get in contact with you is from a mutual acquaintance."

Dante: "What do you want Agreste Senior?"

Gabriel: "I would rather you not talk to me like that."

Dante: "I will talk to you anyway I god damn please. Especially when you're calling me from this phone. So tell me what the fuck you want."

Gabriel: "I would like to offer you a job."

Dante: "Pass. I'm not an assassin anymore and I don't plan to come back to it."

Gabriel: "I don't want you to kill anyone. I want you to protect my son during the fashion show going on today. I have the feeling something will go terribly wrong today and I would rather have some extra insurance for it."

Dante: "I'm not a bodyguard and I'm not exactly a fan of your son. No amount of money would get me to do this."

Gabriel: "I'm not offering to pay you with money. I have something else in mind."

Gabriel sent a picture which made Dante's eyes go wide and start taking the situation seriously.