Chapter 23: A Pain In The BEEhind

(I'm not apologizing for the title)

The fashion show is continuing in the Grand Palais. Lights dance around the room as Adrien walks the catwalk and poses. Alya is live streaming.

Alya: "Scoop. The hat Adrien Agreste is wearing was made by my BFF, Marinette! Anything you'd like to say during my livestream?"

Marinette waves and squals at the camera awkwardly; Alya looks behind Marinette at something and looks surprised.

Alya: "What?"

Marinette turns around too, equally surprised. Everyone in the hall looks surprised eventually. Audrey crosses her arms in disgust as Chloé mimicks the same pose as her mom.

Alya: "I... don't... believe this!"

Adrien turns around and is shocked of seeing his father standing on the catwalk, for the first time of his life after Emilie's disappearance.

Alya: "Ladybloggers, a huge update! That's Gabriel Agreste; he hasn't been in public in ages."

Gabriel walks on the catwalk towards Adrien and stops. Adrien stands there, frozen in shock. He takes off his hat as his father pulls him in for a hug. Adrien wraps his arms around his father while holding the hat. The paparazzi start taking photos of Adrien and his father in embrace.

Alya: "Scoop number two! Gabriel Agreste has just turned up!"

Audrey unfolds her arms and pulls her sunglasses down with her finger and Chloé mimicks the same pose, Alya and Marinette stand up in excitement.

Alya: "And that means we'll be seeing your hat in every single photo and news broadcast!" (The paparazzi keep taking photos as the Agreste duo is still in embrace.)

Nadja: "This was Gabriel Agreste's first public appearance since his wife disappeared. This fashion week is full of surprises and shockers."

The scene zooms out, to where Gabriel and Adrien are walking towards the Bourgeois.

Gabriel: "My dear Audrey, I heard about the unforgivable misfortune you had to endure." (Audrey extends her hand out to Gabriel to kiss)

Audrey: (taking back her hand) "I'm still quite overwhelmed."

Gabriel: "I want you to know that I've fired the person who was responsible for the misunderstanding. Only one row in the house is befitting to Audrey Bourgeois and that's the first."

Audrey: (Audrey smirks) "Let's not overdo it. Huh Gabriel?"

Gabriel: "Did you enjoy the show?"

Audrey: "So, so." (takes Adrien's hat off of his head and looks at it. Marinette and her parents are watching) "This hat is not a "Gabriel Agreste". Are you responsible for that?" (looks at Marinette in an intimidating manner)

Marinette: "Uhm..."

She looks nervously at her parents. Tom gives her a thumbs up.

Dante: (whispers; to Marinette) "Stand proud!" (Marinette smiles at him)

Marinette: "I... I'm the one who created it." (smiles nervously)

Gabriel: "Marinette won a fashion design competition."

Audrey: (Audrey lifts her glasses to get a better look at the hat) "It's the most..." (Chloé looks smug) "exceptional thing I've ever seen! You're a visionary, Marinette! Glitter's had its day." (lifts up her arms, expressing herself) "Feathers are the trend of tomorrow!" (Marinette gasps) "I haven't felt this much emotion since..." (looks at Gabriel) "you."