E I G H T

Author pov;

That day had gone faster than Soobin had expected but he was already back laying down on his bed staring up at the ceiling, his heart thumping in his chest so loud that he could hear it in his ears.

That day was eventful...

——

4 hours prior ; Yeonjuns concert

"Wah, I always forget he does that '' Beomgyu said laughing at Yeonjun was running around the stage interacting with the crowd making different faces. The boys were hiding backstage watching on the monitor in the green room, Soobin with the widest smile painted on his face.

This was the first time he was ever backstage for anything really, especially his favourite artists concert. They were all laughing and playing around until the fireworks went off signalling the end of the performance.

Seeing Yeonjun walking down the hall they all ran to him giving him compliments as well as little snarky comments that didn't go unnoticed by the panting, tired artist, who also had a smile on his face.

The two boys locked eyes as the other two were chatting about who knows what, Soobin smiled happily at the older who sent him a wink leaving the younger flustered.

He stood still momentarily before being snapped back to reality by his friend Taehyun. "You good there?"

"O-oh yeah I'm fine." Yeonjun chuckled at the boys response before turning to talk to his manager behind him. After a few minutes passed they were all ushered back to the dressing rooms so that Yeonjun could get out of his performance clothes.

The boys were all wearing masks as they hurried into the black van-like vehicle not wanting to be swarmed by yeonjuns fans, luckily they got away without being seen.

With Beomgyu, Taehyun and yeonjuns manager in the front Yeonjun and Soobin were just sitting quietly in the back until Yeonjun decided to speak.

Turning to face the brown haired male he asked "did you enjoy the show?"

"Mhm." Soobin nodded awkwardly trying to swallow down the feeling of wanting to burst, unfortunately the older saw through him.

"Didn't you tell me the other day that you were a fan?...you're allowed to be excited you know?"

Soobin turned to face him and gulped, checking if he really could before looking around...that's when he blurted out everything he was thinking.

"Ahhh ok we'll just saying you were amazing as usual but that one bit where you hit the high note was soo impressive like wow. And then th-then you just continued dancing like nothing had happened-" Soobin said stumbling over his words before being stopped by Yeonjun tapping him.

"Breathe." Yeonjun hushed him before loudly laughing. "I'm glad you liked it bin."

Soobin blushed at the nickname but smiled awkwardly looking down. He could still feel the olders gaze lingering on his skin but continued to look at his lap as if it was the most exciting thing in the world.

————

Back to the present ; Soobin pov