S I X T E E N

Author pov ;

When Yeonjun went to pick Soobin up in the early morning, though he was happy to see the other, it wasn't the same. Their smiles weren't as bright and Soobin honestly looked exhausted. The older guessed that it was due to a restless night but he couldn't bring it within himself to mention it.

Instead they just sat quietly, the taller of the two fiddling with his fingers feeling unsettled. Yeonjun however tried to keep his 'calm and collected' exterior and chose to stare out the window as the driver made their way to the company.

They didn't share any words until they arrived at the company which was awkward for them both. Soobin wanted to say something but he was unsure of what that should be, Yeonjun on the other hand was struggling to deal with the bubbling guilt in his stomach from putting Soobin in this uncomfortable situation.

Stopping outside the main office, Yeonjun turned to face Soobin with a slightly shaky smile on his lips. "Let me do most of the talking alright? Don't worry too much." Soobin smiled weakly back at him, still not finding it within himself to speak.

Opening the door, Yeonjun and a few other people entered the room and Soobin followed swiftly behind, his head hanging low. Taking a seat opposite a man in a dark suit, Soobin felt intimidated and reached behind Yeonjun to grip hold onto the material of his jacket.

Yeonjun smiled to himself at this action before turning his attention back to the man sitting across from them.

"It's good that you're both here and I'm sure you know the reason why." They both nodded at the others words. "Okay good, now what we need to do is explain our plan of action."

"Aren't you going to just release a statement or something?" Yeonjun questioned, feeling slightly more comfortable even though he knew he probably shouldn't. The other man sighed. "Usually we would but it seems your fans have taken quite a liking to Soobin." This made Soobin look up from his lap confused.

"We've been thinking that we should make use of your friendship since it's been proven that people are invested in celebrities' lives. We could make your friendship something to promote you."

"Wait what? Soobin isn't an idol though?"

Soobin nodded though he still didn't say anything, instead he was more in his thoughts trying to wrap his head around whatever the hell was going on.

"I know...here's what we're going to do."

...

The meeting was coming to a close as Soobin stood up, struggling to comprehend the things he was told. Yeonjun also stood up but he was then held back. Soobin guessed it was for a scolding which worried him but Yeonjun whispered "I'll be fine, I'll see you later." before sitting back down.

Sighing, he walked out of the room and headed to his office. Throwing himself on the beanbag in the corner he huffed out a deep exhale, staring deeply into the cracks of paint on the ceiling. His mind slipped back to the meeting as the words he was told started to sink in.

Flashback to twenty minutes ago ;

"I know...here's what we're going to do. Since Soobin has gained a following we are going to, with his permission, allow him to make appearances in vlogs as well as advertising your friendship. This will allow fans to have a look into the behind the scenes which will ultimately increase Yeonjun's appeal to fans."

"Wait...so what exactly is it you want me to do?" Soobin asked as he side eyed Yeonjun who had the same confused expression on his face. "Like we said initially with your contract, we will help you gain a following so you can make your way into the industry. However, you also need to advertise Yeonjun at the same time. We believe that by creating a friendship between you both that the fans can interact with and look out for, both of you will be able to benefit from it."