Chapter 11

Melissa's POV

I make my way to the Gryffindor table and tap Fred's shoulder. "Weasley."

"Yes, Diggory?" he smiles at me.

"Do you still wanna go to the ball with me or?"

"Would love to."

"Great, It's a date."

"It's a date," his smile grew even bigger than it already was. I smile back and make my way to the Slytherin table. I take my seat next to Blaise and start grabbing some food. "Oh yeah, you need to look for a new date.

"Wha-"

Malfoy interrupted him. "For who? That blood traitor? Don't be ridiculous."

"Shut it Malfoy," I roll my eyes at him. "Haven't gotten enough out of bullying Harry?"

Draco stands up and leaves the Great Hall, Pansy following him.

"I'm sorry Blaise... It's just the yule ball only happens at Hogwarts once and I just-"

"Stop it Mel. I get it. I would probably do the same."

I smile at him and continue my dinner.

Sarah's POV

It was the day before the ball. Hermione was going with Krum. Mel with Fred. Cedric with a girl in Ravenclaw he was apparently crushing on. I was going with George.

Me and George were hanging out at the black lake, it felt different than usual. More romantic?

"Mum asked if you wanted to join us for New Years?"

"I'd love to but I should probably spend it with my dads..."

"Have they not told you? They're on a holiday, they didn't think you would go home since we're all spending Christmas here thanks to the yule ball..."

"Oh no, I didn't know that... In that case I guess I'll join you yeah."

"Great!"

I smile at him as a thank you. Before I knew it George cups my cheeks and kisses me slowly. I froze completely and he starts to pull away but I throw my arms around his neck, kissing him back.

I can't believe this was happening. Finally.

We both pull back slowly, "You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that," he chuckles, as do I. We get interrupted by the big bell going off saying it's 9:00 PM.

"We should probably head back..."

"Oh yeah of course, go ahead Sarah. I'm gonna stay a bit longer."

"Good night George."

"Good night Sarah."

I walk back to the castle thinking of what had just happened. I smile as I replay the moment in my head. I walk into my dorm and fall on my bed, quickly falling asleep.

I wake up the next day with the sun hitting my eyes. The day of the Yule Ball, I was lying in bed staring up at the red fabric above the bed. Every other Gryffindor had already left for breakfast. I just couldn't get my legs to move. Nerves upset my stomach and overcrowded my thoughts. Of course I'd been comfortable around George the last few months, but being dressed up had me worried that he wouldn't see me the same as he did the last few months. I didn't want him to think any less of me.

Breakfast would be half over by now and I knew people would be asking where I was. Since I was seen with George so often, our friend group had finally stopped teasing us and actually apologized.