Chapter 14

George's POV

I wanted everything to be perfect. I wanted the perfect spot for our date. I asked mom to help me prepare some stuff for our picnic but I'm starting to think that waiting until we get back to Hogwarts and stealing some stuff from the kitchen would've been easier.

"Can I at least go now? I still need to get ready!"

"Just go George, you're only walking in my way anyway."

I give mom a kiss on the cheek and run upstairs. I slam Fred and I's door open rushing to my dresser.

"Oi! Calm down!"

"Sorry, Fred. I'm trying to get ready for this date."

"Cute how she still manages to get you nervous even though you two are dating."

"Shove off, Fred!" I could hear him laughing and I roll my eyes, throwing a pillow at him. "Help me choose an outfit idiot."

He makes his way to my dresser and looks through it. He grabs a sweater and some blue jeans."Here you go."

"Is that fancy enough though?"

"What did you plan?"

"A picnic."

"Nah, this is fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Just go shower," he points at the door.

"Fine, if she doesn't like this outfit you're a dead man."

"Just go," he laughs.

I grab a towel and make my way to the bathroom. I lock the bathroom door and hop in the shower. I tie the towel around my waist and look around for the clothes Fred had picked out for me. Merlin, I forgot them in my room. I start making my way to my room and bump into someone, it was Sarah. I see her staring at me.

"Like what you see?"

"I- uhm... Do you still need the bathroom?"

"Nope, go ahead. I'll see you later, yeah?"

"Yeah," she starts entering the bathroom, "Oh Georgie."

"Yes, love?"

"What do I have to wear?"

"Just something casual," I smile at her and she returns one. She nods and closes the door of the bathroom. I enter Fred and I's room and grab my clothes.

"Hey I'm going to London to pick Mel up, do you need anything?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Have fun on your date," he grabs his coat and leaves the room, closing the door behind him.

I put on my clothes and mess around with my hair. Mum was right, it is indeed getting too long. I sigh at the look of it and decide to just let it be. I grab my shoes and coat and head downstairs.

"George, I put the basket on the counter."

"Thanks mom!"

Sarah's POV

"What about this?"

"Sarah, this outfit is just as good as the other twenty you've tried on."

I look around at the mess I made in Ginny's room. "I'll just wear this."

"Finally."

I laugh at her response, "I'll clean this up when I get back."

"You know, you could just sleep with George in his room. I don't get why you have to stay with me, I mean I like it but I don't get it."

"Fred's in that room as well and your mom wants to separate girls and boys remember?"

"So?"

"So, I don't want to disappoint your mother."

"Right... Did you know Fred is on his way to pick Melissa up?"

"Yes, I did actually. Who knew he could be such a gentleman."

"Definitely not me," I laugh at what she says and check the clock. "You ready?"

"I think so yeah," I grab my jacket and put it on.

'Have fun," she smiles at me as I leave her room.

I make my way downstairs and see George standing there talking to his mom. "Hi."

"Hey Sar-, wow," I laugh at his reaction. "You look amazing darling."

"Thank you, you don't look too bad yourself."

He smiles at me and gives me a flower he was holding. It was one of my favorite flowers, a daisy. I smile at him as he puts it in my hair.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yes, I am."

He grabs my hand and we say our goodbyes to Molly. "Have fun you two! Don't be out too late!"

"Bye mom!"

"Bye Molly!"

He starts walking to a field, and we talk about everything. He tells me about a prank he is planning with Fred, "And you plan on doing that to McGonagall?"

"Yeah? She's the perfect person for this prank."

"If you want to get yourself another month of detention? sure," I chuckle

"Me and Fred are used to detention by now don't you think," he laughs.

"You're such an idiot," I laugh.

"You love me for it though."

"Sadly, I do."

"Auwch," he pretends to have a terrible heart ache making me laugh even more.

He stops in the middle of the field, he had set a tent so we wouldn't get wet if it rained. He lets me in the tent first and I see a basket on a table and a muggle radio next to it. I feel his arms wrap around my waist. "Do you like it?"

"I love it."

He smiles at me and takes me to the table. He turns on the radio, making sure the volume isn't too loud. He unpacks everything that's in the basket and I smile at him. "Did you do all of this?"

"Well technically mum made the basket but yes."

I kiss him and sit down at the table. He sits down across from me. We both start eating and talking. "So my dads wrote me a letter."

"What did they say?"

"Well apparently they're coming over for new years."

"Oh yeah, I think dad mentioned that once but I wasn't sure," he smiles at me but he could see the worried look on my face. "What's wrong?"

"I haven't told them about us yet..."

He puts down his fork and sits next to me, "Are you worried they won't like me?"

"No..."

"Sarah, you can tell me."

"It's not that, I know they like you. I saw that this summer. But I just don't know if they will like you as my boyfriend," I sigh, looking down.

"Hey," he lifts my chin up, "I promise I will try my best to make them like me."

"I know you will," I smile softly and put my head on his shoulder. "I'm just not so sure my father will."

"It'll be fine, I promise."

We spend the night in the tent and we make our way back to the Burrow the next morning.

"We're home!" George shouts.

Molly walks out of the kitchen, wiping her hand on her apron. "How was it?"

"It was amazing, George did his best," I smile big.

"That's good," she smiles at the two of us, "Sarah dear, there's some people for you in the kitchen."

"Oh right, I'll go check," I kiss George's cheek and make my way to the kitchen.