Chapter 15

Sarah's POV

"Dad?" I called out.

Two familiar faces turned around smiling big.

"There's my girl!" dad smiled, pulling me in for a hug. As the two of us embraced, George came into the kitchen. "And George. Long time no see," he continued.

"Good to see you again Professor," George smiled, referencing the fact that my dad was his defense against the dark arts professor a year prior, before I even knew George.

"Ah come now George there's no need for that. Call me Remus," he chuckled.

"I don't suppose you're going to call me Professor too?" father piped up, causing me to burst out laughing.

"Sirius the only thing you're professional at is not cleaning up after yourself. Every time it's your turn to do the dishes, I end up having to do them," dad replied.

"All the more reason for you to stay my husband huh?" father said and all of us laughed. He finally looked over at me with open arms. "Sarah. Come here sweetheart," I went over to hug him while George and dad began making their way to the living room.

"So he's treating you right then?" father asked after a moment.

"What do you mean?"

"It's very clear you two are dating, his body language towards you for example. Your dad sees it two," father raises his brow a bit and I laugh nervously. "So is he? Is he treating you right?"

"Better than I could possibly put into words," I beamed.

"Good."

The two of us then joined dad, George And the rest of the Weasley's in the living room, while Molly went to fix lunch. We all fell into easy conversation, and of course it took the turn when dad pulled out a worn out album I knew to be filled with photos of me from my childhood.

"Oh Merlin..." I groaned. George was getting far too much enjoyment from this and I wish I had Harry's invisibility cloak right about then.

"Now this. This might just be the greatest photo in existence, love," George stated a few minutes later. My eyes shot open when I saw him holding up a photo of me flopped over on the ground crying and looking miserable.

"IS IT LUNCHTIME YET?" I yelled over the others in the living room laughing hysterically at my tantrum.

"Almost," Molly said.

"How about I make you a bit happier?"

I looked at the stairs where the voice was coming from. I jump up and run to the person, "Mel!"

I hug them tightly, "I've missed you!"

"I've missed you to Sarah!"

"Come on, I want you to meet my dads."

I walk back to the rest and quickly take the album out of George's hands. "Dad, father. This is Melissa, my best friend."

"Rude." Fred says dramatically.

"Shove off you," Melissa laughs. "Lovely to meet you two," she smiles at my dads.

"Likewise," dad says smiling, while father returns a smile to them

"Sirius, can I trust you around George? I want to talk to Sarah for a minute." dad says.

"Go ahead. We won't do anything stupid, right Weasley?" father asked.

"Definitely not. We're very trustworthy," George laughed. I smiled at his playfulness before I followed dad into the hall.

"What's up?" I asked him.

"How long has this been going on? Tell me he at least asked you out in a proper way."

"Of course. He asked me at the yule ball," I smile.

Dad smiles and reaches out to grab my hand. "Well I just want you to know that I'm happy for you. He's great. It looks like he makes you really happy."

A smile made its way across my entire face at his words. "Thank you," I whispered. "He makes me really happy."

"I can tell," He nodded. "Just be careful of losing him to that one though..." He nodded in the direction of the living room so I knew he was talking about father. "These two have the same ridiculous sense of humor."

I laughed at his statement. "Yeah I'll watch out for that."

The two of us wrapped up our conversation and made our way to the living room. The pictures were definitely not in the correct spots anymore and I'm pretty sure the clock was upside down, but no one seemed to mind at all because luckily they didn't do anything really stupid.

After lunch was over, George and I made our way to the couch while my dads and George's parents were talking in the kitchen and the rest of the household was going either upstairs or outside.

He sat down on the corner cushion and I curled up next to him, George summoning the blanket draped on the chair next to us onto my lap using "Accio." My head was on George's chest as he gently stroked my hair.

"They love you." I said quietly after a few minutes.

"Well that's good isn't it? Because they also love you and given the choice I have a feeling they'd choose you over me."

I laughed. "Stop it! I really think father might like you more than me."

George laughed this time and leaned down to kiss the top of my head. I yawned and felt my eyes begin to close the longer I stayed in this position. I've never felt more content than in this moment, in the arms of George, under the roof of his family that considered me as family.

I didn't know what time it was when I woke up slightly after hearing some shuffling around me, but it must have been late because it was completely dark outside now. The only light came from a lamp on the other side of the room. I felt the steady rise and fall of George's chest underneath my head, signifying that he was sleeping as well.

I was in and out of sleepy consciousness for the next few minutes but I was awake enough to process a few sentences.

"Sirius! Get the camera. This one's going in the album."