|FIVE|

Cassia Chase•
"Cas"

I lean up against his car shaking my head my mind racing. The last thing I need is Angel being a hothead running around fighting his friends. I saw the look on Malik's face and I know that if Kicks keep acting how he is then they'll have a problem next.

I just hope and pray while he's doing all this fighting he leaves me and my name out of it. Truth is I'm trying to find an out. I can't keep living like this it's not right.

"Hey bitch." Keisha greets me.

I give her a head nod. "Wassup Keisha."

"Ya know I heard what went down between you and Malik." She says while slurping on her slurpie.

I freeze. "Is that right? What you hear?"

"That y'all fucking."

"Ain't nobody fucking." I snap.

"Well thats not what word on the street is. I heard after everything calmed down at the party y'all was fuckin' and what not," she continues. "Guess Malik out here running his mouth."

"Sound like you the one running your mouth." I come back at her.

She frowns. "I'm just trying to be a real friend and help you out. If you wanna get played go on ahead."

I'm a mastermind and sometimes covering how I truly feel. Especially when the truth would make me look so stupid. My stomach hurts just thinking about it and that's how I can tell I really like him. What if he did actually run his mouth? What if he is out here running game on me? Malik doesn't seem like the type that would run his mouth but you never know. He could've been bragging to some homeboys and they could be quick to speak up about the shit.

"Bye Keisha." Malik says while walking up.

"Mmm fuck boy." She mumbles walking past him.

"Girl fuck on up outta here." He replies back rudely. She looks at me for help but I just laugh at the comment. Even if she thought what she was doing was helping me out I know deep down inside what she really was doing is being messy.

He climbs into his car and I hop in too watching him start it up and get us out of the parking lot. I pay attention to where we going and scrunch my face up in confusion knowing this ain't the usual way to either of our houses. "I'm taking us somewhere so I can get my head straight." I nod knowing he talking about one of our usual spots.

He drives us far out the ride about an half an hour long. I look down ignoring my dad and Angel who keep blowing up my phone. "Them ya niggas?" He asks jealousy in his tone but a smirk on his face. "Lemme see." He takes my phone out of my lap powering it off.

"Malik." I say kind of mad.

"Nah this my time with you." His words cause a smile to form on my lips but it quickly fades when I think about what Keisha told me.

I know how I am and I can't pretend it doesn't bother me. Eventually I'll be so fed up with overthinking I'm going to end up having to say something to him.

"Come here." Malik leans in kissing me on the lips while also trying to focus on the road. I can't help but kiss him back the feeling making me wet. "Girl you better stop fake kissin' me or I know sum."

"Mmm." I say aloud.

When we finally pull up we're on some sort of hill that overlooks the city. I think of how calming it is and a question forms in my mind. "How come you always know the most calmest places to think or be at peace?"