|FIFTEEN|

This chapter is fully about Malik

And every single person in my life tell me I'm their hero
But when it's up and then go down, they treat me like the villain
Guess I forgot to mention
I'm just a nigga with a broken heart tryna find my way back home - DaBaby

Malik Kades•
"Leek"

Sometimes you know you need to beg somebody to forgive you for how you did them. But they not who you really wanna be begging to.

I know Patience is a good girl. I know that she is the better choice. Yeah Cassia's prettier, chemistry's better, we vibe good and the sex is amazing but I can't trust her. It's always going to be in the back of my mind on repeat that I can't play football. Always going to be there that she's the reason why. I know one day it'll make me resent her.

Just seeing Cassia break down crying like that and the pain on her face hurt me. It hurt me to see her hurt. Shit sometimes trust issues outweigh the love there. How I'm supposed to believe that this time any different? That she got me like she say she got me? Shit can switch in an instant and I could be right there hurting dying on the concrete again.

"Be real," I look at Nas passing him the blunt. "You fucked Keisha?"

He smirks. "Man that girl got some of the best pussy I den ever had. She got a real cool vibe too, she saw me chilling by the waters late and shit and we started talking. And one thing led to another." He shrugs. I watch a smile form on his face and can tell he really likes her.

I pick up the bottle of Hennessy taking it to the head after I'm done I wipe my mouth. "You don't feel bad? For how you did Ronda?"

Nas sighs leaning back he hits the blunt a few times by himself then exhales. "Nah," he shakes his head. "I used to a little bit but truth is ion even think I'm in love with Ronda. I got love for that girl and always will because she had my baby. But she ain't the one man. Deep down I always knew it. If she was the one seeing her hurt would make me hurt." He preaches.

"Seeing Cassia hurt made me hurt." I take another swig from the bottle.

"Aint saw her since the trip?"

I shake my head. "She got on a flight that night I think. She ain't come back home since either."

He gives it to me straight. "Yeah y'all might be done for."

Shit deep down inside I know I'm a fucked up nigga. I'm a cheater, I've hurt women with my actions, I'm a player, murderer and a drug dealer. I would fuck the sense outta Cassia and then the next morning be laid up in the bed with Patience like nothing happened. Could be like this because my first love Raina who I connected to on a deeper level cheated on me at a young age ripping my heart out my chest, could be watching so many men die young around me, could be those cold restless nights having no parental guidance or love, that could've been what turned my heart cold. Or shit maybe it was the fact that the beautiful girl I let wear my jacket everyday, fell asleep with, shared my most important places with and got so close to trusting knew that someone was out to kill me and that ended up ruining my life. All of those combined gave me a lifetime of trust issues I've never came to terms with.

And that's led me to hurting so many people and believe it or not the one I feel most bad about is Cassia. But the one I know I should feel most bad about is Patience.

I look down at my phone dialing Patience's number just to get her voicemail. I call a good five times before accepting she needs her space. "You good Brody?" Nas asks.