|NINE|

Cassia Chase•
"Cas"

Shit hasn't been the same since that night. Nothing has been the same.

My happiness drained from me and guilt consuming me everytime I close my eyes. I lost my father, lost Angel, even lost my uncle. I'm pretty sure they were all killed by Malik and Kades. And even after I took that loss I still have to look over my shoulders the remainder of my life. Maybe they weren't the best, shit they weren't the best at all if we're being honest. But they were all I had. They were my family. And now their gone all because of me.

I sigh walking down the steps. As soon as I hit the bottom of them I hear him and his friends laughing. I walk past them towards the kitchen just to hear him behind me. "Oh hell nah! Fuck is you wearing Coco?!" Bishop grips my hand yanking me back.

I sigh. "Baby it's damn near a hundred degrees outside I'm not bout to be wearing my whole closet out there." He eyes my green crop top and shorts that reach my thighs in disgust.

"See bruh you being a hoe right now. You see I got my niggas here and you coming downstairs showing em everything. Titties all out and shit and ya ass looking fat. Have some class." He rants immediately going in on me.

I just roll my eyes knowing he can't put his hands on me because his friends is here. Then again it's not like that's stopped him before.

"Class? Ain't nobody worried about yo fuckin' friends and if they your real friends what they looking at me for anyways?" Before I know it he's gripping me by my natural hair. I place my hand over his trying to stop him. "Owe you're hurting me B stop."

He removes his hand then shoves me by the chest. "I ain't playing with you Coco go change that shit."

I place my hands on my hips keeping my balance. His cousin speaks up. "Aye you trippin bro don't nobody care what shorty wearing. Besides it's hot as fuck."

Bishop sits down angrily but doesn't argue with him. Him and his cousin Nas have a weird relationship, I'm pretty sure Nas doesn't fully like his cousin or respect him but he tolerates him because he's family. And Bishop is left with no choice but to respect him because Nas is very dangerous and wouldn't hesitate to kill him.

I guess you guys are very confused.

Let's just say a lot could happen over 2 years. To make a long ass story short once my dad dropped me off exactly two years ago I ran to Carson's house. I begged him to help me literally BEGGED. Just for him and his family to push me away. Honesty I can't even blame them. They have their own family to worry about and as bad as Carson felt he couldn't help me. He knows Malik and his family and didn't want any parts in something that would get him hurt. I had to lay low mostly because my dad and his men were dropping like flies. I couldn't go to any of their funerals for the reason that just me being seen could lead to my death. I dyed my hair a dark red and that really made me look like a completely different person. I stayed in hiding and in the night time I'd go to the library to finish school online. It was then that I met Bishop.

He drove past me while I was on my way back to a motel. He spit game and I found him attractive as hell and seemed like a nice guy so I went home with him. We've been together every sense. Does he have a temper? Yes. We have what you would call a toxic relationship. Good times when we're alone and bad times when others are around. He puts his hands on me I put my hands on him. The love is there but the pain outweighs that. Sometimes I wanna leave but sometimes I can't help but stay.

It's been two years since I've seen Malik and luckily we haven't ran into eachother. Since I've been keeping my hair dyed nobody really knows it's me so I've been able to go out more and work. I'm even in training at a hospital to be a nurse. I'm an assistant to nurses and some doctors.