TWENTY ONE - Future Nostalgia

"All the love in the world is useless when there is a total lack of understanding

"All the love in the world is useless when there is a total lack of understanding."

- Franz Kafka

"I don't want to play no games, Elijah." Spoke Sirena, defeated as she leaned on the doorframe of her room in the compound —which had unintentionally become her permanent residence.

Except for the night before. Sirena had looked for shelter with Eve and the Crescents, also lending a hand in keeping their hostage unable to hurt them. The mermaid had so much anger accumulated inside her.

She was angry at Rebekah, for getting herself into this mess. She was angry at Elijah for stabbing his own brother in the chest with Papa Tunde's blade. And she was furious at Klaus, who had finally rendered all of her efforts useless.
Sirena had made a deal with the devil to get the damn pearls that would take her to Klaus, to save him from the witches. And he didn't even try to listen to her, she was nothing in his eyes. And that made her be incredibly mad at herself.

Instead of understanding her desire for some alone time, the older Mikaelson had called her first thing in the morning, requiring her presence at the Abattoir as soon as possible.

Against her better judgment, Sirena decided to go, thinking that it would be a chance to retrieve some things from her room there to put some distance between herself and The Original Family.

So, there she stood, facing the irritated face of Elijah.

"My sister is somewhere far away from here, on the run with Marcel. My brother has a mystical torture device in his chest, and the mother of his child is inexplicably missing. So, I can assure you, I have no time to play games either."

At the mention of the she-wolf, Sirena looked away in guilt, an action that the vampire quickly noticed.

"You know where she is." Elijah had the nerve to look hurt at the fact that Sirena knew about Hayley's whereabouts before him. "She's at the bayou, isn't she?"

"Just leave her alone, Elijah. Now, tell me why else you wanted me here or I'll just pick up my stuff and get the hell out of here." He pressed his lips on a thin line at her challenging words.

"You left the dagger there all night long?!" Sirena exclaimed, appalled by the sight of an unconscious Klaus laying in his bed with a pulsing red scar in the middle of his torso.

"And, every second it remains, it causes Niklaus an untold suffering." Elijah answered calmly as he rolled up the sleeves of his shirt. "And now I intend to remove it."

Sirena moved to give Elijah some space to work on the extraction of the blade, pretending to mindlessly look away as she tried her best not to see how the wound would be reopened.