12 | help the innocents

"She was unconscious of an inexpressible tenderness in her heart,(

"She was unconscious of an inexpressible tenderness in her heart,(...)."

The Two Volodyas,
by Anton Chekhov

          AT 4 A.M, BEFORE THE FIRST rays of sun began to fall over the city of parties and parades, another knock on the door startled Davina and Sirena, both sprawled in the sofas of the small living room after a long night of conversation.

     They slowly got up to see who it was, both wary of intruders or any of the many people looking for the teen witch.

     However, a sigh of relief escaped them both when they saw it was only Josh.

     "Sirena? Davina, weren't you supposed to look for Cami?" The newborn vampire asked with a frown of confusion regarding the presence of the mermaid next to his best friend.

     "It's a long story, boy. Now, unless you have a pretty daylight ring, I suggest you come inside." Spoke Sirena before yawning behind her hand.

     The vampire relaxed considerably, shaking his head before following her inside and embracing his shorter friend in a hug.

     "I'm so glad you're okay." The young girl curled the corners of her lips upwards at her own comment, both of their faces showing relief at knowing the other one was okay.

     "Well, kids, I'm going to have quick shower, you guys can eat whatever you find in the kitchen, and I would seriously recommend you to close all the curtains." The mermaid made a peace sign with her right hand and put a tired smile on her lips, before disappearing into her bedroom.

     As soon as the water began to run, Josh spun around and held on to Davina's shoulders, looking for any signs of harm come her way.

     "What are you doing?" The witch asked with a frown of confusion while pushing his arms away.

     "I need to know that you are okay. She works with Klaus! I thought we were going to run away from the guy that thinks you're a new mine of gold and who wants my head on a stake!" The boy explained while flailing his arms in an exaggerated manner.

     "She doesn't work with Klaus or for Klaus." Davina rolled her eyes while crossing her arms over her chest. "Sirena only wants to keep the baby safe, she says that it is innocent and doesn't deserve the weight being a Mikaelson brings. She only wants that, and actually hates the witches just as much as I do. Besides, I can't blame her, she's also taken care of me when I didn't ask to be a Harvest girl, she only wants to help that baby, too."

     Her words rang true in the vampire's ears, who only groaned in defeat, falling flat on his bum in the sofa.

     "I just want to be far away where no one will be planning to kill me on sight." Josh complained, covering his eyes with his forearm while Davina took seat beside him.