THIRTY - Hell Falls Upon Them

"To get born, your body makes a pact with death, and from that moment, all it tries to do is cheat."

–Louise Gluck, from A Slip Of Paper.

"Hey, Jack. It's me, again." She sighed. "Answer your blasted phone soon or I'm going to go nuts waiting for Hayley to tell me if the evil brothers have found you and Oliver yet. I'm the one who vanishes from time to time, leave the disappearing act to me or I'm gonna make sure you catch fleas on the next full moon." Sirena hung up after leaving the voicemail for Jackson's phone.

Her pregnant best friend was worried about both Jackson an Oliver, her hormones were all over the place and her inner wolf wanted her pack to be safe and close to her as her delivery date approached. 

Sirena climbed upstairs with the key the owner of the small apartment building had given her. He was a kind man of color who was very thankful to late Father Kieran for helping his family after the hurricane Katrina destroyed their home. Sirena could feel her throat close up in guilt at the lie of giving Cami's name instead of her own, knowing it would make thing easier to access the place Kieran had asked her to find before he died.

It as underwhelming to find an incredibly small apartment that was vacant of anything that could give any clues that someone had once lived there. Not wanting to give up so quickly, the mermaid closed her eyes and allowed her senses to look for something unusual. 
There it was, the stench of dark magic, making her hair stand on end as goosebumps erupted on her skin. It had always been an ugly feeling, but it could help from time to time

Following the source of the unpleasant sensation, Sirena opened the doors to the wooden wardrobe. Noticing that there was a marking for a secret door on the insides, she tried pushing the back door of the wardrobe until it moved slightly to the side, revealing a secret room with shelves up to the ceiling filled with all sorts of dark artifacts. 

"Kieran, you son of a bitch." She spoke under her breath, in awe at the great collection the ex-leader of the human faction had. "I'm sorry I had to postpone this for so long, though."

"Davina? What's wrong?" Sirena' brain had gone on full alert since the teenager preferred texting over phone calls with a passion. It had to be an emergency for her to be calling like that.

"I hate him. I don't care that you and him are together or not, I'll find a way to kill Klaus." Davina sounded murderous and hurt, Sirena could almost see her face scrunched up in anger as she paced back and forth.