Chapter 20

Jennie's POV

"You seem to be in a badder mood than in the morning as soon as we got out of Chemistry, Nini. Everything good?" Lisa, who seemed to notice my sour like SOUR mood, asked in concern while caressing my shoulder for needed comfort.

I sighed and rubbed my temple while replying to her question, "My soulmate is an idiot."

"And you can say that because..?" Lisa trailed off and looked at me expectantly for an explanation which I did not give but just a pout and an exhausted shrug.

"I just know! I have a feeling that this soulmate of mine is an idiot." I replied harshly before smacking my bag onto one of the benches placed by the school's huge garden.

I sat down beside it with my arms folded and legs too. Lisa and Chaeyoung both shrugged and sat on the grass in front of me after placing their bags beside mine.

Everything is so irritating.

"Aren't you one for assumptions." Lisa stated while she munched courteously on her hotdog.

She was waving it around my face as she stated that while I stared at the piece of bitten meat in disgust. I immediately slapped it away and now the poor Thai watched her hotdog fall into the grass and onto its demise.

I swear I heard her say, "I'll avenge you." Such a weirdo.

"You only met your soulmate for about a few weeks." Chaeyoung huffed out while she, too, crossed her arms in annoyance to my whines and complaints. "Calm yo ass." She added on.

"How can I calm my fine ass when this soulmate of mine just keeps on annoying the hell out of me?!" I snapped at her with great intensity in my tone. Chaeyoung simply shrugged, unfazed.

I sat back on the bench and leaned my back more onto the backrest of it while my neck laid there making me look up into the blue and shining sky. The brightness of everything made me close my eyes. I breathed out a sigh to compose myself.

"What did she do anyways?" Lisa spoke up to break the silence. She wasn't a fan of quiet. Obviously because she was a loud person.

"I don't wanna talk about it." I mumbled under my breath while sinking more into the bench. "It pisses me off."

"O—kay?" Lisa trailed off.

I heard a small thud meaning she placed herself on the grass already. Practically bored out of her mind while Chaeyoung was just being Chaeyoung. Grumpy as ever.

The comfortable silence broke once Lisa's phone went off. She mumbled a quick apology after hearing mine and Chaeyoung's annoyed groans.

"Oh? Its Jisoo Unnie." Lisa announced with a squeal.

My ears perked up. My head shot up and my eyes bore right onto the direction of Lisa. She was smiling giddily at her phone and so she excused herself to take the call.

"Wait, I'mma take this."

Just right after Lisa walked away to take the call just a couple of meters away and I gaping at her back figure expectantly, Chaeyoung had the most obnoxious question and statement I have ever heard she said. And she says A LOT of them.

"What's with you getting all squeaky and excited with Jisoo Unnie hm?" She asks while wiggling her eyebrows at me with a small annoying smirk on her lips. "Someone has a little crush."

I looked at her in utter disbelief. "Shut up. I have no idea what your intending."

"Yeah right. Drink some cold water, your face is all red." She threw a bottle of ice cold water towards me which I caught with ease and then I took my phone out to see my reflection on the camera and unfortunately, I was all red.