Chapter 1

Jennie's POV

"Yah Kim Jennie! Your doing it again. You've been spacing out lately." Chaeyoung - that's what people call her - or Rosé or Rosie - to me -, who happened to be my best friend, snapped her fingers in front of me far too many times than needed.

"Huh?" I dumbly answered. She let out an exasperated sigh before slumping herself on the chair, readied for her, in front of me.

She had an unreadable frown on her face that bothered me. She was staring at me and that's when I knew I'll be needing my earphones on. But due to my bad luck, Lisa has it with her.

Damn that blondie. And now I have to suffer.

"Stop acting dumb. Or shall we say, start being smart. Seriously! How can someone like you enter university with that low IQ of yours!"

And there goes her rambling again. Switching from English to Korean from time to time. People might've found it hot or whatever, especially that Thai blonde, but not for me. I think it's incredibly annoying. I simply ignored her and kept on doing what I was doing before.

Spacing out.

"Jennie! Are you listening to me?!" The younger girl slammed her hands on the table gaining attention from, not just me, but the people around us as well.

Awesome. Second-hand embarrassment sucks so much.

I quickly covered my face with a book that was laying boringly on the table and gave the raging giant in front of me a gritted smile to at least tell her to stop this nonsense. But due to her continuous cursing on me, she didn't get it.

"Shut up, Rosie!" I hissed at her in between clenched teeth. My eyes were so wide, I had to remember that I still had those. And I had to keep it on normal size.

"Try me." There is nothing in this world to make this girl shut up. I already knew I was losing just by how she's using her tone on me. And I always question myself if I'm still the older one here.

"Just chill, 'kay? I don't wanna be embarrassed here because of you." I grabbed her hand, gently pulling her down to sit back, and gave the people murmuring towards us an apologetic smile before facing the blue-haired girl beside me.

She had that sassy look on her face that just tells me to spill already before I get embarrassed again.

"So why have you been spacing out lately?" She straightforwardly asked me with no expression on her face whatsoever. I sighed because I am simply embarrassed at the fact that I am losing at this.

"You sure talk too casually with me, you brat." I spatted. A smirk appeared on her overly soft features that does not go with her awful personality. She must be enjoying pissing me off because that's what she's been doing lately.

Now I am just having trust issues due to people who have innocent faces but fucking bad personalities.

"Fucking get to the point, Unnie..." And now the brat is mocking me. I gave her a glare first, which the brat totally ignored by an eye roll, before finally telling her what's the reason behind all this spacing out session I've been having these days.

"I was just wondering if I actually have a soulmate out there." She had this look on her face that was saying, "Are you serious right now?" I rolled my eyes and continued on.

"I mean, you have experienced it, right? The whole mind conversations and all." I gave emphasis in every word I was saying to tell her that I was 'frickin serious right now. And to my surprise, the brat actually nodded her head. That's the first normal response she's given me all day.

"Of course. I'm not like you who hasn't even had a single word from your soulmate." She had this smug and arrogant look on her face that I definitely want to rip out right now.

"Do tell me when you and your soulmate started conversing with each other, brat." I challenged and it seemed like she accepted it because now she's rambling on the conversations she and her soulmate had.

Is she actually making me feel lonely on purpose?

"That's enough already, Rosie. I know how much you like that soulmate of yours, gosh." I quickly stopped her story telling before I choke the hell out of her for being such an...

When I saw that she was about to open her mouth once again, I shot her a glare which she only grinned at but she didn't speak. I released a sigh before focusing myself on my books again. Not that I didn't notice them at first.

After a minute of silence, Rosie broke it off with something that made me look up at her.

"Unnie." Oh wow. She actually called me that for once. I mean, she does call me sometimes but that's not a common thing to me and her. We mostly act like strangers when people are around.

"What?" I responded nonchalantly, not fixing my eyes on her. But when I did, she looked shy. Like straight up blushing and fidgety. Holy shit. I never knew she had a side that could be so cute and soft.

"I really like my soulmate. Like a lot. But I'm scared that I won't meet him/her at all. For all I know, he/she might not even be here in Korea." She bit her lower lip as if trying to hide her embarrassment from doing that and her puffy cheeks were so pink that I might just die trying to resist myself from squishing her face and make her look like that pet fish of hers.

I am plain confused right now. First of all, I am uncomfortable about the fact that this bratty girl in front of me, who's always so mean and offensive, is actually opening up to me about her feelings for her soulmate. Secondly, why the hell is she confessing this? And third, why should I care about this issue?

"Um... there's a pretty low chance for you to meet your soulmate here in Korea but even if you do have a low chance on meeting that person here, don't lose hope. I know you'll have the chance to meet that person." When I noticed that she was only staring at me with some glint in her eyes which made me nervous, I cleared my throat gaining her attention back.

"I never knew someone as stupid as you can say that." And now the brat is back with her arrogant smirk plastered on her face.

"Your just a smart ass. Doesn't mean I'm stupid." I scoffed and crossed my arms. Sassily sitting on my seat and staring at her. Waiting for the comeback that she'll give me.

When she had her mouth shut, I sighed. Relieved that she actually shut the fuck up. I then made myself busy by reading the books that I actually brought.

"Jen, Lisa says to meet her on the café that we hang out on all the time." I looked up and cocked a confused brow to Rosie. She responded with a shrug before standing up and walking away from the table.

Didn't even wait for me.

I quickly threw my things that were scattered all over the table in my bag and wore my backpack as fast as possible to keep up with the giant's steps.

"Hurry up, tiny. Lisa says it's urgent."

...