Chapter 16

Jennie's POV

"W-Will she be okay? I-I..." I frantically paced all around the corridors of the hospital while eyeing the disappearing figures of the nurses bringing Jisoo into one of the hospital rooms for treatment anxiously. I knew this was something to not worry myself about because Jisoo was safe and will get treated but the worry inside of me isn't deciphering at all. "I'm sorry..."

...

Flashback...

"That was at least the most tiring and enjoyable hangout I've ever experienced." Jisoo laughed as I slumped myself, looking exhausted and unpleasant at the meantime, on the seat beside hers in the car.

Jisoo started the car's engine and immediately drove away from where we parked our car which was somewhere down the road. She was driving slowly as if she wanted this trip to last as long as possible and as comfortable as it can get. I smiled internally.

All due to this comfy atmosphere, I almost fell asleep but then I remembered I had to pass somewhere and quickly told Jisoo to stop for a second but she didn't. She was telling me with her eyes to just say it because it's fine and who am I to make her wait?

"Do me a favor." It wasn't a question anymore really it was like I was demanding her to do this. She chuckled a little making me frown. "I'm serious here." She offered an apologetic smile before continuing on driving.

I took a sigh while looking at her side profile. She really had one of the best in the world like I could ski on her nose if I wanted to. But that aside, I continued on asking the favor.

"Can you pass by a convenience store? I'm craving for ice cream tonight." I told her and now, she was looking at me as if saying, "Are you serious right now?"

I wore the most determined look I could muster and nodded my head vigorously making her eyes squint as she smiled widely. And I took it as a yes. "Thanks."

I leaned my head on my seat's headrest and closed my eyes slowly while humming to myself lowly. Jisoo's breaths were getting shallow making me wonder why and so I opened my eyes to only see Jisoo passed out and unmoving.

My eyes landed onto the steering wheel which had no control now making my eyes go wide. I immediately sat on Jisoo's lap, not caring about the butterflies that just erupted in the pit of my stomach, to hit on the brakes as we almost hit one of the lamppost causing a round of honks and shouts from the people in the area.

I took a long sigh of relief before finally taking action on getting off of Jisoo and calling 911 as soon as possible.

"JISOO!"

End of Flashback...

...

As exhaustion finally caught up to me, I took a seat on one of the hospital seats before closing my eyes and praying for a good outcome of this. I really didn't know what happened and how Jisoo just passed out like that.

"Jen." I shot my eyes open as I heard Lisa's shaking voice. I looked up and met with her teary eyes while mine started to well up as well. It was because Lisa looked so hurt and worried right now that I started getting teary as well.

"I'm sorry..." Was all that I could say while looking down to the floor as if that's the most interesting thing in the world right now.

"It's fine. This comes normally with her condition." Lisa sat beside me while trying to comfort me by drawing circles on my back. She sighed a little which made me look up on her.

"What exactly is her condition?" I tried making light conversation. Didn't want the two of us looking so sorrowful because I know Jisoo wouldn't like seeing Lisa sulking beside her.

"She has brain cancer. Or had it at least."

"Wh-what?"

"Her surgery had a minor problem with it but she lived and survived thankfully."

"But what..."

"The temporal lobe of her brain had a tumor in it which complicated her speech mechanism and memory. Maybe her mood swings worsens from time to time and most of the time, she spaces out as if she was in another world of her own. But that doesn't interfere with how she lives. Jisoo lives normally like us except that she can't speak well. But Unnie has her own advantages with the loss of her speech." I gave her an encouraging nod as she paused first to look at me. Looks like she had the heart to let me sink this information in my mind first. And so she cleared her throat and continued, "Her senses might be a bit rusty at first but she can see, hear, feel, taste, and smell almost three times better than average humans."

"But that doesn't explain what happened tonight."

"Of course, her condition has some setbacks but she handles them well with her pills. Looks like she forgot to drink it today though." Lisa chuckled softly making me frown. I wonder how worried she was when she heard me call her in the middle of her nap. Her raspy voice says it all really and she doesn't look so ready to me either with her sweatpants and white tee hanging loosely on her body.

"Will she really be okay?" I asked again. Really trying to convince myself that this wasn't my fault and just some issue with Jisoo's health. But then again, maybe she forgot to take her her meds because of me.

My raging thoughts paused as the doctor and nurses who aided Jisoo bowed in front of Lisa and I before saying, "Give her some rest and she'll be fine by tomorrow."

Both Lisa and I looked at each other for a minute or so before the breaths we didn't know we were holding was released from our windpipes. "That's good to hear."

After that, the doctor took me and Lisa to Jisoo's room on which was almost second home to Jisoo or that's what Lisa referred it to because there was no week without Jisoo having to sleep in here for checkups and such.

The doctor took Lisa away for awhile for some discussion about Jisoo's meds or so while I stayed in with the raven to give her some company and maybe give her an apology as well. It didn't take long for Lisa to return and sit beside me, observing Jisoo's calm and sleeping demeanor quietly.

"You two set on a date without even telling us..." She referred to Rosie and herself with a pout, eyes not leaving Jisoo's sleeping face. It made a laugh escape my lips but soon died down when Lisa glared at me.

"It wasn't a date. We just hung out." I simply answered. It was the truth so what gives if I still hide it? Completely useless either way so it's better to admit than be an idiotic liar.

"Of course you'll say that."

"It really wasn't!"

It could've been if it wasn't for that annoying shit head of a soulmate of mine.

"Sure... well then, I'll drive you home my lovely Unnie before it gets too dark for us to drive." Lisa stood up from her seat while leaving a small kiss on Jisoo's forehead and giving me a look.

I quickly stood up as well and tidied myself up. "Thanks. But aren't you staying with Jisoo?"

"I'll return after school tomorrow." Lisa shrugged off. Going out of the room without a single glance more.

I rushed to store my things in my bag before taking a quick glance at Jisoo's sleeping figure and smiled to myself. But then remembering that a specific blonde giant was getting impatient outside, I got out and closed the door slowly.

"AFTER school?!" I emphasized the words that left my mouth.

"Look Unnie, she doesn't like seeing people watching her sleep. I love my life more than I love her so that's a fat NO for me." Lisa grimaced and shuddered almost making me feel pity for her. Almost though.

"But what if she-."

"This is a fucking hospital so chill and just leave the girl."

I took a sigh and looked back to Jisoo's room door that had far distance from me already. "Good night, Jisoo." I then turned to my heels to follow Lisa, not wanting to take the bus home.

"Good night, Jennie."

...