Chapter 10

Jennie's POV

"K-Kai..."

"H-Hi Nini. Long time no see, huh?" He greeted with a sheepish smile on his face partnered with that timid look that I clearly remembered he always uses in our high school days. He's totally not changed except for the fact that he's gotten more matured-looking and handsome at that.

"Yeah... one year. Long. Yeah." I stammered while trying my best to keep the breaming tears at bay. It's not exactly helping that Kai is there staring at me with a soft and gentle smile on his face. He's too kind for his own good.

"You seem to be doing fine, huh?"

"You could say that..." I had my head hung low for awhile now and it was hurting my neck so I decided to look up and meet eyes with Kai. It wasn't anything to be called intimate, it was simply me looking at him like a friend that he is. No sparks thankfully.

But I was a bit taken aback when his curious eyes weren't meeting mine but was focused on something - or someone -behind me and that's when I realized that Jisoo was still there behind me.

"Uh... right. This is Jisoo, one of my frien-, companions." I immediately rephrased my statement. Not wanting Jisoo to misinterpret it or anything. I just don't know if we're surely friends or just acquaintances.

"I see... well, what are you doing here in the hospital?" Kai asked while taking one last glance at Jisoo who didn't quite looked phased of how intense Kai was looking at her, he gestured to the hospital building which made me chuckle a bit. It somehow made the atmosphere lighter and breathable. He always had the skill to make things light.

"Hanbin got into an accident."

"Not something new though."

"Your right."

"What about you? What are you doing here?"

"Krystal's sick and well, we have to go to another country to treat her. This is actually the last week that we'll be here. She just said her farewells to her doctors."

I was a bit tense at the mention of Krystal's name and the knowledge of her sickness since we were friends on high school. I don't hate the girl or anything, if not, I'll most likely call her a friend of mine. We were close but Kai's presence almost wrecked our friendship and closeness.

"That's not so good to hear but tell her my regards."

I just smiled. Smiling means, "I'm okay." but it might also mean, "I'm trying to be okay." It's a simple thing that girls can be very good at. And I thank god for giving us the talent of doing so.

"Don't have to. She's already coming here."

And Kai wasn't joking. Krystal was already walking put from the entrance if the hospital, looking as elegant and pretty as ever. She always had that effect to people to just stare at her while walking. Having no care about the world and just being free.

"Hi babe, what are you-." She clung onto Kai's arm. Still not noticing my presence at the meantime but when she did notice me and had eye contact with me, she became all flustered and shy. "J-Jennie..."

"Krystal. Nice to see you again although not healthy but still." I flashed her a gentle smile to at least tell her that she doesn't have to be so awkward around me like she is right now. She must've read me when her shoulder relaxed.

"Thanks, I guess."

"S-So... are you two eating somewhere because we are too and we at least want to give you one last dinner before we leave." Kai suggested but I immediately shook my head, no. I didn't want anymore awkward situations for tonight especially that Jisoo's here and waiting for me to finish what the hell I just started so definitely not available.