Chapter 12

Jennie's POV

After a while of the maknaes bickering and such, I decided to leave them for a few minutes for a moment of peace to myself and get some snacks for yours truly from one of the vending machines nearby.

Class has been cancelled for awhile due to the teachers having a meeting till noon and so everyone in school are clearly freely walking around and doing whatever they want.

Just as I was about to insert my cash inside the machine, someone else beat me to it and handed me a paper. No one else communicates like that except for...

"H-Hey Jisoo."

Choose your drink.

That's what the paper says and so I obliged, picking something coffee flavored and so I found myself holding and sipping a bottled mocha drink. And never have I tasted something so refreshing and tasty except for milk, I guess.

What are the two doing?

She gave me another paper and was obviously referring to the maknaes who are still bantering over the name of the so called group because she was confusingly staring at the bickering maknaes' direction.

"I don't know. It went from congratulating me of having had the chance to finally speak with my soulmate to them debating over the titles they made up for the people who had conversed with their soulmates already." I stopped for a second, remembering any more scenes from earlier and that's about it. "That about right."

She slightly shifted on her position and wrote something on her notebook again before ripping the page off of it's holder. The message simply made me smile before I gave her a genuine one in return.

Congratulations then.

"Thanks. Any good news from you?" I asked, signaling her to follow me to where the maknaes' were. She shook her head and shrugged. "Really? Nothing eventful?"

She scribbled on her small notebook again and passed me the paper she wrote her answer at in a swift manner.

If you describe 'eventful' as Lisa and Chaeyoung waking you up in about 5:00 just because they had a headache then yes. I had a very 'eventful' morning with those two and I was not enjoying any second of it.

"I pity you."

Please don't.

The two of us stared at each other for awhile before bursting out in a fit of giggles. After that, we continued on walking towards the two giants who aren't planning on shutting up for all I know.

How's your brother by the way?

Jisoo asked through a note obviously and I answered with a shrug, "He's fine. Just a bit banged up but he'll live unfortunately."

Another note.

That's good to hear then.

"Will you two stop already?" Once we've arrived at where the two were, I immediately shoved their heads together making the two of them glare at me while caressing the side of which their heads collided and I could only responded with a smile of satisfaction. They really should stop because they're only embarrassing themselves.

"Oh, hi Unnie." Lisa greeted with a smile of innocence, finally noticing her best friend beside me which was chuckled at by the girl beside me.

"When did you get here?" Chaeyoung asked. Inspecting her nails while doing so as if she wasn't so interested at Jisoo last night. She really didn't stop nagging until I don't exactly remember anymore.

"She didn't arrive since awhile ago." I replied, not wanting Jisoo to rip out another precious paper from her notebook so just she could reply to this brat. Or was that the only reason?

"I didn't ask you to answer."

"I wasn't aware that I have to actually ask you for me to reply. Do you have a problem with me, brat?"

"I have all kinds of problem with you, bitch."

"Same goes for me, brat."

Knowing that the two of us were stubborn as hell and neither were planning to back down from one another, Lisa sighed and pushed our shoulders down making me and Chaeyoung sit down without causing any more unnecessary casualties.

"Sit down and chill." Lisa wasn't requesting this anymore, she was demanding for the two of us to shut up and that's what we did. Or shall we say, that's what Chaeyoung did.

"You were arguing with this girl earlier too. What's wrong if I was to argue with her?"

"Because she's already in a bad mood." Lisa simply answered, taking a seat beside Chaeyoung who was all uncanny now. She seriously has an addiction to Lisa having a temper. She found it hot in other words and that's what causes her to act so uncool whenever Lisa's like this. This only happens sometimes though so she has to make it last.

"She doesn't look like it anymore." I pointed out. "Honestly though, she enjoys these arguments."

"I do." Chaeyoung replied, raising one of her long arms like a child. She has horrible mood swings, I tell ya.

"See there?" I motioned to Chaeyoung while asking Lisa and the blonde only sighed defeatedly because there was no more use to argue with me.

"Shut that mouth of yours, Unnie."

"Loser."

...

"Unnie, when did the Jisoo Unnie get so close with those guys?" Lisa asked while motioning her hands towards Jisoo who was busy conversing with the varsity team in basketball with sign language. And hell did I not understand a thing.

It was already lunch time and Jisoo proceeded talking to the boys as soon as she caught sight of them and I could say that they seemed close. Even Lisa was confused. Chaeyoung had other issues to take care of which was sitting in detention for sticking a gum onto her Biology professor's ass.

"Do you think I have any idea? You're the best friend here."

"Yeah. But aren't you guys close enough as well?"

"Well... I don't know about Jisoo's label for me." I shrugged, feeling a bit sad at my own true statement. How pathetic.

"She already seems comfortable with you."

"She does?"

"I don't know. Does she?"

I really can't keep the thought of Lisa being an idiot and a genius altogether. I don't even know who's the stupid one in these kind of situations.

"Oh! She's coming this way already." Lisa suddenly hit my shoulder when she leaped forward to greet the older girl which she apologized for immediately after I gave her a death glare.

And as for Jisoo, she only gave me a smile before her attention was all on Lisa which made me frown for no reason. I sighed and waited for the two to stop communicating through their eyes and hands. And after a few more minutes, Jisoo just gave her a mote and left. Not forgetting to give me a wave of goodbye.

"What a hassle..." Lisa groaned while ruffling her hair a little causing me to look at her in confusion. She sheepishly smiled at me and said. "I'll see you when I see you later, Jen."

"Bye."

I wonder what that note says.

...