Chapter 3

*16 years later*

On what felt like a regular day, Natalie went out and got the mail for the day, she looked through it to see what was for who and was shocked to see she had mail. She went inside and gave everyone their mail.

By this point, she had 4 siblings. She went up to her room and put her letter on the bed.

'I'll read it when I get back from work' she thought and fumbled around gathering her uniform and got ready for work.

"Get down here! You've got work, ya dafty!!" her dad yelled.

She went downstairs and rolled her eyes.

"Well maybe if you'd let me finish getting ready for work I'd be gone by now" she retorted.

Her mother hid a giggle and it was apparently too obvious, as her father whipped around and glared daggers at Alexandra. Natalie got out the dagger that she had for protection and screamed at her father to step away, she finally realised she could smell beer.

She got her mother and siblings to come with her. Natalie went to work and got straight to serving customers. She got paid well, and today after she got paid they could afford to buy a new house and her mother could divorce her father.

Natalie's boss saw she was doing well and let her off early with a bonus check.

Her boss whispered, "You clearly need it, love, enjoy your day."

Natalie said to her boss to enjoy his day and left gratefully with her family. They bought a new house big enough for the 6 of them and her mother and father got a divorce.