Chapter 4

Natalie ran back to their old house and grabbed all their mail, not forgetting the letter on her bed. She ran back to their new house really quickly. She fumbled with their letters and dropped them all by mistake.

Everyone laughed, helped her pick them up and they opened their letters. Natalie opened hers last and nearly fainted in shock,

'Princess Brianne's 16th birthday, please attend tonight's ball.'

She ran upstairs and grabbed the fanciest dress she owned. Her mother read the letter and smiled, she walked upstairs and grabbed her fanciest dress, walked to Natalie's room and gave her it.

She left so Natalie could try it on and went to the Palace. She asked to speak to the Queen. They met up in the throne room and had a nice chat.

Alexandra ended up leaving shortly after. Natalie attended the ball and they met each other in the courtyard, by Natalie tripping the Princess up accidentally.

Natalie apologised and helped her up. They walked back into the ballroom. She fell in love with the Princess almost immediately, and vice versa.

They both knew the risks of the relationship, but they did not care right then, and they did not plan to start. If only they knew what was going to happen, maybe they would have cared, maybe they would have been more careful.