Chapter 41- Playback

8:00 a.m

-Vox POV-

"Mr. Vox! Mr. Vox! What's your opinion regarding the announcement of the upcoming extermination?" A huge crowd of news reporters bombarded me as I stepped out of the elevator. As I listened to the several demons ask me their worries I held onto my smile; I suppose that last night's attendance to the hotel had become irrelevant and unnoticeable.

"My dear people! Here at Vox Enterprises have always been at the front for innovation. And now with this upcoming threat, we are switching our attention to you safety, which pleases me to announce the brand and upcoming new Vox Tech Angel Security!" The reporters exploded with even more questions and amusement as they too more pictures of me. I puffed out my chest in pride as I managed to distract them for a bit.

"Trust us with your safety." I said as I looked at them, and hypnotized them so I could walk away.

"Sir, since when did we start with this new technology?" One of my assistants asked as he flipped through his binder.

"As of thirty seconds ago. Where's Val?" I asked him.

Knowing that the extermination was more sooner than expected didn't really surprise me nor scare me, after all why would it? I already had gone through so many of them now it clearly didn't affect me, though I found it annoying how much destruction was caused and I had to reconstruct back my assets.

As I teleported upstairs, I arrived in Velvet's floor, where she was clearly annoyed as she seemed to boss imps around. Her models were running around, and her fashion accessories were all over the floor. I headed over to her, hoping I wouldn't anger any more than she was and I would have to deal with her bitching.

"Velvet."

"Oh finally you're here! I'm going to need you to go upstairs, and calm down your piss face baby. He came in earlier throwing a tantrum, tore up one of my models and ran off to his room, muttering incomprehensive things about his whores." She said as she lit up a cigarette.

"How great, as if I wasn't already shaken up."

"With the upcoming extermination?" Velvet asked looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"Definitely no. But with the events from last night, I assume someone would start gossiping about how that little Morning star bitch kicked us to the curb so easily. Last thing I want is for my reputation to be ruined."

"I think it would serve you as a humbling experience." Velvet snickered as she looked through of her models that had gathered in a small group.

"Laugh all you want." I told her as I started walk away, ready to go to where Val was.

"I think you're just butt hurt cause you embarrassed yourself in front of you man-crush Alastor." Velvet said, as I heard her using her magic.

I turned around, vivid and ready to confront her about such childish accusations. "He's not my man-crush!" I huffed out.

"Oh please. I could tell you were butt hurt. Specially since after that one time you guys decided to go at it and he almost beat you."

"Almost doesn't mean he did."

"But he was close to doing so. You can ask Val and he'll reply with the same thing I did."

"Shut the fuck up and do your shit." I told her as I had already grown annoyed of her. Of course me and Alastor did fight but that was years ago. It was clearly a draw, at least on my behalf. And was I mad that he was there? Mad at the fact he hadn't shown his face to me over the past few months? Of course not. Those were ridiculous ideas. But I had expected him to at least talk to me ... out of courtesy.