Chapter 24: Behind The Stage

Last minute remodeling had taken place before the upcoming guests arrived. The structure of the hotel has somewhat significantly changed as things were moved around. A ship had changed positions. The invention of a nemesis was now integrated as part of the building. A carousel, tilted to its side in the side of the building. A small train was now ready to be boarded in the front of the building. Getting rid of a tower, and switching it with a radio tower.

4:04

-Alastor POV-

"So.. what do you think?" Charlie asked as we all had gathered outside and witnessed the changes we had planned on. Everyone turned to look at us as if we had lost our sense of mind.

"I can't believe y'all decided to just do these changes TONIGHT OUT OF ALL NIGHTS!" Angel exclaimed with wide open eyes.

"Yeah I have to agree with him Hun, which that by itself is already weird. But the point is, why of all nights, tonight?! The guests will surely be coming in at any time!"

Everyone started bombarding their concerns and thoughts about these upcoming changes. Which, they thought we had planned over several weeks. Which wasn't the case, in fact we had just thought of them after we came back from Mimzy's club.

"Oh calm down guys! Nothing that major has changed inside! If anything at all just our rooms and the guests have changed locations. But y'all haven't seen the best part yet! Show them Al!"

With a snap of a finger, the big eye that was underneath the header, popped open, and the lights flickered open. All the windows lit up, along with the arrows pointing towards the entrance and the header of hotel shining bright. As the hotel lit up everyone watched intently, as for Charlie, her face brightened even more than ever, with glistening eyes and a huge smile plastered across her face she turned to look at me excitedly.

"Oh thank you so much Al! It looks even better than we planned for it to look like!" She gave me a thumbs up and then rubbed her cheeks in a circular motion. She was really happy and that was all that mattered. To me, this wasn't hard work, it was very, very easy.

"Wow, okay, as an empath, I'm sensing you guys want to let everyone know this is a hotel." Angel commented again as he pointed up to the hotel in a random pattern.

"I hope you guys liked it! Me and Al wanted to just change somethings we weren't really okay with. That's why it was so rushed. And I wanted to do it before some of the food and equipment came." Charlie started explaining herself as she stood in front of us and then proceeded to explain her reasoning. Vagatha kept eyeing me every now and then. Of course she would be the one to make this a bigger deal than it really was.

"No worries here Princess." Husk replied while he took a swig of his flask.

"Yeah same here, I actually think it looks more professional." Niffty commented.

"So is there now a stripper room?" Angel asked while wiggling his eyebrows. "I think where the ship is, it would be an ideal location."

"...Uh no... but I plan the casino to be in the ship of that one inventor that had followed you here."

"Oh that actually sounds nice."

Charlie turned to look at Vagatha who had been quiet this whole time. "Well, what do you think Vaggie?" She asked. I could hear her voice crack cause of her nervousness. She was always so conscious about what she thought. It was more of a bad thing than a good thing.

"I agree with Niffty. It looks more presentable. I felt like last time it looked too cramped. The eye was also a nice touch."

"The eye was actually Al's idea! It serves as a symbol that shows when it's open, and when it's closed, well, you get the idea right?" Vagatha turned to look at me annoyingly; She certainly didn't like this revelation. "Right, I'm taking it back."