Chapter 39: White Curtains

-October 5th
-New Orleans
-Anthony POV

I hopped off from the bus as I arrived at the grand white mansion. I thanked the driver and held onto my singular suitcase. I pulled out the letter from my pocket to reread the directions on how I was to arrive here. Charlie wasn't exactly the most detailed person but o managed to get here.

It was a beautiful mansion located in the old money part of town. Kept within the safety of its gates, stood what seemed to be like a white palace, with a beautiful pasture and a garden filled with white roses and all other sorts of flowers.

Two servants awaited by each side of the front entrance, looking off into the distance as if they were members of the British King's guards. I walked up to them somewhat awkwardly as I hadn't expected the mansion to be so grand, and for me to look quite careless when it came to my appearance.

"Can we help you?" One of them spoke out. They both wore suits, and their hair, seemed to be made out of gold. Despite being servants they seemed more elegant than me.

"Uh yes, Charlie Magne, a friend of Vagatha -

"Oh you must be Anthony?" The other one spoke out.

"Yes I am. I-

"We have been awaiting you, please do come in. Don't worry about your suitcase we will place it in a proper place." The one from earlier spoke, as if trying to hurry up the process for me to come in. The gates behind him opened and I nodded my head in appreciation while I walked in.

The beauty of the place was certainly too beautiful to put into words; For there were so many details about the place that made it even more wonderful. The gates closed behind me with a loud slam, making me jump out of my analysis. I kept on walking and I felt quite small. Surely my houses back in Italy and New York were big, but I'm sure this was grander then both of them combined.

I walked up the steps to be greeted once again with two more servants who resembled the ones from the gates. They all had an angelic aura around them.

"Welcome in Mr. Anthony. Please do hand us your luggage, another servant will guide you to where Miss Vagatha and Miss Charlie are." One spoke out as he extended out his arm, reaching out for my luggage.

I hesitated by how upfront he was but still gave in as I supposed I didn't really didn't have a say in it.

"Thank you but please be careful with this one, it has my precious accordion in it." I told him as I handed it to him first. The servant looked at me with the expression that he didn't care, but held in any remarks.

"Yes Mister Anthony." He walked away with both suitcases and then did I realize how much weight had been lifted off my hands. I curled both my hands into fists as to help them from cramping up.

"Please follow me Mister Anthony." The other one spoke out and started leading the way. His footing quite fast made me lose sight of him whenever we turned around corners. And I didn't want to tell him to slow down, as him and the other servants intimidated me. Perhaps it was how perfect they looked.

But as i turned the corners i saw the portraits that hung. Though most consisted of landscapes, ranging from the eternal green prairies, to the larges bodies of water. They looked so ethereal, and brought a sense of calmness as i stared at them.

"They sure capture the beauty of this world, do they not?" The servant spoke out quite loudly as he probably noticed I had slowed down for a bit. I briefly quickened my step as to be right behind him. Last thing I wanted to do was cast a bad impression.