Chapter 31- Things Always Change

-Charlie POV

I bid the last client goodnight as I guided him to his respective room. He muttered something to me, probably thanking me, which I doubt or some incomprehensible curse. I didn't really care and there was nothing I could do about it. Me and Alastor had set some sort of prenup for the clients, detailing the rules, and the power they had and us too. Of course the staff wouldn't reprieve the clients due to their horrible manners or anything. The more I thought about it, the hotel sounded more like a child care facility.

Anyways we set one print of the prenup in each of the clients room, for them to review in the morning before joining for breakfast as they would express their concerns and questions.

Everyone else had finished before me and returned to the casino, except for Vaggie , who was still out. I was growing worried but I knew she would be okay. But just in case I had sent her a text expressing my concerns, to which she told me she was on her way.

With that, I went to the elevator, the doors closing right after me. As I was about to push the button, I heard a bit of cackling. I stood quietly to listen a bit more closely. Radio static. Al.

He must've been doing a late night broadcast, probably informing the success of the hotel. I rather pressed the button to the last floor so I could see what he was exactly doing,

I knew better than to go and seek for him, but regardless if it was about the hotel then it was necessary for me to go there as well.

The elevator's doors ringed open as I arrived to the last floor. A darker red light illuminated from the bottom of the hallway, as if it was booming. His voice, distant. It's funny because that hallways itself lead to his own segment of the hotel, the brand new addition, the radio tower of his.

I headed towards his tower, and finally stood on the twisted hallway that led towards it. From down here I could hear the rumbles of radio static, as if I could see them in form of shocks of electricity building up within the passage. Hitting and bouncing off the walls.

I headed there, the sounds of my heels echoing throughout the hallway, and the sound of his voice growing louder. His chuckles being heard more louder and clearer. The twisted hallway was somewhat illuminated with red lighting, and a few splotches of hello and orange lights.

The door was creaked open, and I slowly crept up to the door, taking in a peek of him. The room was just an exact replica of the office he had, except that this room, all of the walls were windows, and in here he had more of his radio gadgets.

"Tonight folks was a wonderful night for the Hazbin Hotel, and remember, we are always welcoming new clients. That's all folks!" He said as he presses a button. The 'on air', sign shut off.

He took a deep breath before just leaning back against his chair, humming to himself the similar tune from earlier, the one he sung with Mimzy. From where I looked at him, it was just like I imagined him as when he was alive. Somewhat lonely, doing the job he loved when he wasn't out killing people.

"Please don't get close to the Radio Demon."

Mom's cautionary words echoed in my head once more. After today's talk with Mimzy I supposed it enlightened me; Her love and devotion she had to him, was enough to make her want to kill the girl he was in love with. There were no established boundaries because it was considered to be obsession.

Were Mom's words referring to this? Al was still considerably popular, and due to this, me being his business partner and with rumors going around, his fans could have the same intentions as Mimzy. The thought of this wouldn't pose a threat, since due to my lineage, I was considered to be half angel so somewhat immune to mostly everything. Mostly. I had heard rumors of there being weapons strong enough to kill those of demons royalty. And I didn't want to test that out. There was no limit to which his fans would go to.