Chapter 28: Distant In The Rotten Crowd

- Alastor POV

With a wide smile I stood beside the opened left pair of doors of the hotel, expressing my relief and happiness as the three Overlords approached me, clearly angered and embarrassed by the whole ordeal.

"My what a show that was!" I told them out loud, the sound effect of people clapping heard right after my comment. "And I mean it! For that brief act you amused me quite so. Truly, the passion behind it is certainly admirable."

I couldn't resist to not mock them.

They walk past me without uttering a single word, or looking at me. They really were a wet blanket. (Party Pooper) Though, their humiliation was truly the highlight of the night so far.

"We appreciate your visit, specially after this little fiasco, we would love to have you here once more if you are willing to give us another small show! If you don't, then please, don't ever come back." I told them as they headed towards their limousine, not bothering to look back at me, or perhaps reply with an insult.

"We'll see who is more entertained when this little show of yours is over." Val spoke as Vox opened the door for him, Velvet already inside. I raised my eyebrow at this, my shadow appearing beside me, also curious at this little exchange.

"Please, as if we didn't notice how 'attached' you are to the little Princess." He said while rolling his eyes, stating the obvious. "I, certainly feel pity for you. Watching you drag yourself down for someone who clearly won't ever reciprocate the same feelings."

"And to think that the Almighty Overlord Alastor, claims to be so bored with everything here in Hell, yet he fails to hide the peak interest, and feelings for the daughter of Lord Lucifer." Vox adds. I kept on smiling, unfazed with their remarks.

"I'm just one hell of a doorman, and manager of the Hotel, do not get the wrong idea." I replied.

"Pathetic, I might add." Valentino scoffs. "We'll keep a tab on this. After all, we also want to be entertained. Farewell Alastor." He hopped in the limo before I could say something in return.

"Stop getting attached Alastor, it doesn't suit you. Then again, it does bring me joy seeing you make a fool of yourself." Vox snickered. "Might I also add that-

"VOX!" Val demanded from inside.

"Right, I'm coming." His mocking behavior changing to that of tired as he let himself in, closing the door behind him; The limo shortly driving off, leaving  cloud of pink smoke. I watched it slowly diminish in size.

"Don't they just adore making fools of themselves." I spoke to no one in particular. They simply brought the topic up because they wanted to see if I would react in any way. Letting them get to me, was of course, not happening, thought I wouldn't mind placing them where they belong, so they could learn where they belong.

"Well, I would like to add that you are a great actor in this little spectacle." He tells me, snickering.

"No one asked you." I replied, not looking at him. He shrugged and made himself out as he opened a portal for himself and flew in. I shut the doors of the hotel, the pink smoke had now disappeared, making everything visible once more. I turned to look over at the lobby's clock: Charlie should be in the casino by now, or at least, on her way.

"Make sure those three clowns don't come by." I told him out loud. I know he was hearing me, no matter how far he was, it was an order, and he had to abide by it.

Going there through the elevator drained my energy by just thinking about it, rather I opened a portal, and stepped right in. The surroundings of the lobby being quickly changed by those of the casino, where the room was dark and overrun by the neon colors of the machines and lights; Several slots placed beside one another with their flashing screens of 7s and apples. It was hard to not stare at them. Across them was video poker. Across the room, it was divided in sections of tables for blackjack and roulette, and tables of pool, all ready to be used. In the center of the room, sat a small bar, run by Husk who was slumped over the bar looking over towards the stage. The stage was in front of the room, it was relatively small, and it did have a small space to gather below it.